Closed Account with $0 balance shows up in Net Worth Report with a balance more than $200

Leslie LewisLeslie Lewis Member ✭✭
I sold all the holdings in an IRA in 2013 and transferred the resulting balance to a different account. The original account's register shows the liquidation, no holdings no fund balance. The new account shows the transfer of the funds. I closed the account in Quicken. The account list shows the former account as "closed" with a zero balance and no assets. The Net Worth report shows the closed account with a balance of more than $200. How can I correct the report?

Best Answer

• SherlockSherlock ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Assuming you're examining the net worth after the account is closed, you may exclude the account from the report: open the report, press Alt + C, select the Accounts tab, uncheck the closed account and select OK.

As to why the closed account may have a Net Worth would require more analysis.  I suggest varying the date of the report to determine when the Net Worth of the account goes awry.  Note: After an account is closed, transactions may still be added, edited, or removed.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Assuming you're examining the net worth after the account is closed, you may exclude the account from the report: open the report, press Alt + C, select the Accounts tab, uncheck the closed account and select OK.

As to why the closed account may have a Net Worth would require more analysis.  I suggest varying the date of the report to determine when the Net Worth of the account goes awry.  Note: After an account is closed, transactions may still be added, edited, or removed.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
  • Leslie LewisLeslie Lewis Member ✭✭
    thank you,
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    As to why the closed account may have a Net Worth would require more analysis.
    Since the account balance is showing zero -
    how could there be anything that would add $200 to the Net Worth ?
    It would be interesting to see a screen capture of the bottom of the account register ...
    Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Leslie LewisLeslie Lewis Member ✭✭
    Thank you for responding. An earlier suggestion helped me solve the issue. Everything is as it should be.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... what was it ??????
    Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10