Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Schwab only has csv format for manually downloading..

I changed my investment bank password so quicken, then, couldn't update(premier' 19 for Mac) with web connect. I edited all my accounts with new password and then it still couldn't update and I lost all my info. Now I am trying to manually download these transactions and Schwab only has CSV file and not a quicken compatible format!!!!!!!!!! Help!

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    How far back are you trying to go? Charles Schwab only supports Direct Connect. Have you tried setting the account up for transaction download? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • nbtunn
    nbtunn Member
    It was on transaction download but after password change if I do that again it will give me last 3 years of data instead of new transactions and all my categorizing will go down the tubes!!! is there anyway to limit date range on downloads like Chase has???
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello nbtunn,

Sorry, to hear that you're experiencing this difficulty. 

The only type of transactions that can have a category in an investment account are "Payment/Deposit" type transactions. 

What type of account is this that it would contain mainly transactions that have categories?

How many years of data are in this account? Is your concern about downloading duplicate transactions or is there a limited amount of history?

Let me know!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~