Billminder for Quicken Premier 2019

I had to reinstall windows on my pc and I reinstalled Quicken Premier 2019 but Billminder didn't install. Is there a separate install for this? I really need this app.

Answers

• ghendricghendric Member ✭✭
    edited October 12
    I'm not sure that will help. I completely reformatted my drive and reinstalled Windows 10 v1903. I reinstalled Quicken. The install dumped the file billmind.exe into the Quicken folder on my hard drive but when I double click it to open it, I get the error message, "Billmind program is no more supported".

I really need this program because it helps me to remember when bills are due. Why would they remove this? :'(

Will the Mondo patch bring it back?
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

See the last line.

Release R21.12 (US Versions, Aug 2019)

Before you take this update, we recommend you perform a One Step Update to ensure that your data is synced to the cloud and also make a backup of your data file.

• Improvement: We cleaned up the One Step Update Summary screen for better display of errors and other information. 
    • Improvement: We sped up the biller login process and added localization to the bill refresh process.
    • Improvement: We simplified the setup process for new users by automatically assigning them the preference of Download transactions when Quicken starts.
    • Fixed: An issue in which budgets were losing user-entered transfer categories. Please note that any previously lost transfer categories will need to be re-entered by the user.
    • Fixed: A synchronization issue that was preventing accounts removed in Quicken Windows from being removed in the mobile and web applications. 
    • Fixed: An issue in which the application was lagging or crashing when users attempted to deactivate the online account.
    • Fixed: An issue in which Lifetime Planner was not calculating spouse Required Minimum Distributions properly.
    • Fixed: A synchronization issue with the mobile app in which financial transactions were getting deleted after a sync.
    • Fixed: An issue in which the Quicken client would repeatedly ask the user to create a rename rule for payees that have already been set up with a Do not rename rule.
    • Fixed: An issue in which Quicken was not automatically refreshing a request after receiving an error from aggregation services.
    • Fixed: An issue in which the message Unknown error was appearing under bills.
    • Fixed: An issue with multi-monitor displays in which drop-down lists, calendars, and other elements did not appear in the correct locations. 
    • Fixed: Removed the inactive applications Quicken Online Backup & Billminder from the installer.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • ghendricghendric Member ✭✭
    "* Fixed: Removed the inactive applications Quicken Online Backup & Billminder from the installer."

That's not "fixed", that's changing functionality. I rely on Billminder.. now what am I going to do? I really need it back. :'(
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghendric said:
    "* Fixed: Removed the inactive applications Quicken Online Backup & Billminder from the installer."

That's not "fixed", that's changing functionality. I rely on Billminder.. now what am I going to do? I really need it back. :'(
    As an alternative to Billminder, you can customize your Quicken Home page / My Money view (or create a separate "My Home" page, which is what I did).
    Add the "Bill and Income Reminders" view to the desired Home view.
    If you want to use this view automatically every time you start Quicken, make this change in Edit / Preferences / Startup: Set the Startup Location to the desired Home view, e.g. My Money or My Home.
  • Ken McAdamsKen McAdams Member ✭✭
    I'm afraid that's not a workable alternative for those of us who rely on Billminder to alert us that we need to open Quicken and take action.
    The removing of Billminder is bad news.
  • EricNEricN Member ✭✭
    Can't a bill be synced to a calendar like Outlook? A calendar system would provide similar, if not enhanced, functionality. Lots of systems and devices read the format beyond MS Outlook.