Downloaded QFX files and downloaded transactions that are deleted from an investment register

I have many transactions from investing. Too many to enter manually. I downloaded a .QFX file and imported those transactions into the account regeister. However, I deleted many of those downloaded tranasactions in order to start over. When I again imported the .QFX file the result was there are NO NEW TRANSACTIONS. So, it appears that once th transactions are downloaded from a .QFX file and then deleted, Quicken somehow seems to keep track of those transactions, thinking maybe they were NOT deleted and it appears I cannot use those downloaded transactions again as they will not import into the register. So, looks like manual entries unless I am enlightened as how to overcome this issue. Quicken support thinks its a corrupted file. I am doubtful of that as that seems to be the standard answer for problems they cannot fix, although I am not totally sure. So anyone else out there that knows what is really happening. please advise. Thanks

Answers

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what's really happening. Each transaction imported from the QFX file has an identifier called the FITID, financial institution transaction identifier.
    Once Quicken sees a particular FITID, it remembers it, and will not re-import the same transaction with the same FITID in order to avoid duplicate transactions.
    You should revert to your most recent backup file prior to the import and re-import the QFX file. The backup file will not have the FITIDs in it.
    You didn't explain why you "deleted many of those downloaded tranasactions in order to start over" but that doesn't sound like the right thing to do, usually.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro x64.
  • dbrancdbranc Member
    Is there a way to delete downloaded transactions so this does not happen?
    Is there a log that is kept, or a file that can be deleted so that Quicken does not "see" those ID numbers?
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short answer is No.