Unscheduled Quicken Access of Bank Accounts

I keep getting messages from my financial institution about Quicken accessing my accounts. I recent set up this institution for one step update and successfully updated the accounts on 10/5. As far as I can tell I do no have daily updates scheduled.

Your Online Banking account was accessed just now from an unrecognized device or browser.

Login date and time: 10/09/2019 11:00:27 AM (Eastern Time)
IP address: 206.108.41.107

Was this you? If not, please contact Member Service immediately at 800-252-6950 or by email at [email protected]

Note: You will receive this alert when you sign in for the first time on a new device or browser, when you use your browser’s private browsing mode or clear your browser’s cookies, or when someone else accesses your account.

Answers

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might want to look at the detail under EWC.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to read the Express Web Connect section of the link that GeoffG cited.
    QMoilbe/QWeb also make connections to your financial institution.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mcalla1951mcalla1951 Member
    Thank you for your help. The accounts were set up as ewc so I assume that was the cause of the daily logins. Getting it set up as direct connect is currently problematic - need to call Credit Union 1 in the morning
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are multiple entities called "Credit Union 1" that allow download into Q.
    Which are you referencing?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeoffG said:
    You might want to look at the detail under EWC.

WOW - I didn't know that.... thought EWC was just another connection with a proxy vs the Direct Connect method...
    Now I understand why some users feel uncomfortable using EWC
    • Access and retrieval of data is automated through the use of nightly updates. During these updates, Quicken logs in to your bank's website on your behalf. Generally this happens once a day and outside of business hours. Because of this, you may notice login activity on your bank's website overnight.
    • Your login credentials are stored on Quicken-hosted servers. This makes updates faster for you.
    • Your financial data is stored on Quicken-hosted servers. This provides a more complete history of your financial transactions than is typical for data stored on bank's servers.
    • We use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your login credentials and your financial data.

Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10