Quicken unexpectedly quit the last time it was run

Quicken – Home, Business & Rental Property
Year: 2019
Version: R22.12
Build: 27.1.22.12
I upgraded to this version and thereafter whenever I open the file crash and it says, "Quicken unexpectedly quit the last time it was run".
I tried the resolution through Quicken chat and through phone support.
I installed Quicken several times and after installation everything seems to go well, but after closing if trying to reopen the file crash again.
I already copied the file and validated, but the same error always appears.
The same file works perfectly on another computer with the R18.16 version.
Can anyone help me solve this situation?

Best Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • vitormrcoelho
    vitormrcoelho Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I don't have the Controlled folder access enabled and I normal work with a OneDrive folder and everything runs fine. After this problem I try every folder and the result is the same
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Accepted Answer

https://www.quicken.com/support/can-i-share-my-quicken-file-between-multiple-computers-using-dropbox

Services such as OneDrive or Google Drive can be used as a location to store backups of your Quicken data files.  We don't recommend storing your active data files, or installing Quicken, on these drives.  If you restore a backup that is located in your cloud drive, make certain the restored file is saved locally on your hard drive before using the file.

Your Quicken data file should be in C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Quicken. You might have corrupted your file storing it in a OneDrive and not even realized it. You might want to try restoring a backup to see if you can find a good copy.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Accepted Answer
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
  • vitormrcoelho
    vitormrcoelho Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I don't have the Controlled folder access enabled and I normal work with a OneDrive folder and everything runs fine. After this problem I try every folder and the result is the same
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Accepted Answer

https://www.quicken.com/support/can-i-share-my-quicken-file-between-multiple-computers-using-dropbox

Services such as OneDrive or Google Drive can be used as a location to store backups of your Quicken data files.  We don't recommend storing your active data files, or installing Quicken, on these drives.  If you restore a backup that is located in your cloud drive, make certain the restored file is saved locally on your hard drive before using the file.

Your Quicken data file should be in C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Quicken. You might have corrupted your file storing it in a OneDrive and not even realized it. You might want to try restoring a backup to see if you can find a good copy.
  • vitormrcoelho
    vitormrcoelho Member ✭✭
    Is the first time that happens to me and it as since a long time I work with OneDrive.
    The file on OneDrive works perfect in version 2019 R18.16.
    This only happens after upgrading to version R22.12.
    I'm going to try to instal again and use the default folder.
    let's see Thanks
  • Greg_the_Geek
    FWIW, corruption may occur and you might not realize it for months. Better to be safe than sorry.
  • vitormrcoelho
    vitormrcoelho Member ✭✭
    I have the files safe and a log file says that the file is ok.

I don’t know what to do.

All I want to to return to stable version like the other that I have on the other computer.

That’s the first time this happens

Thanks for your help a to anyone who can help me
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Move your active Quicken data file to the \Documents\Quicken folder
    2) Configure OneDrive to NOT access any files in the \Documents\Quicken folder
    3) Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems
    4) If none of the above helps, restore your Quicken data file from a backup taken before you updated to R 22.12.
  • vitormrcoelho
    vitormrcoelho Member ✭✭
    Thanks UKR but follow all steps and don't work.
    Can we revert to a previous version as this is not working properly?
    I have everything working in another computer but in version R18.16 and data file is good and working.
    In booth computers windows is the same version so I don't think is a problem coming from windows.
    Thanks again
  • vitormrcoelho
    vitormrcoelho Member ✭✭
    Thanks Greg I'm going to try.
    where can I find the others mondo patch so I can upgrade one by one and see wath happens?
  • vitormrcoelho
    vitormrcoelho Member ✭✭
    Thanks Greg_the_Geek everything is running properly
    and I validate the file:
    [Mon Oct 14 11:43:23 2019]

File: "C:\Users\vitor\Documents\Quicken\Vítor's Quicken Data"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Mon Oct 14 11:43:27 2019]
    Additional data conversion in QWMain started

[Mon Oct 14 11:43:40 2019]
    1 scheduled transactions corrected
    Validation has completed.

Even it's working in OneDrive:
    [Mon Oct 14 11:50:43 2019]

File: "C:\Users\vitor\OneDrive\Documentos\Quicken\Vítor's Quicken Data"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Mon Oct 14 11:50:47 2019]
    Additional data conversion in QWMain started

[Mon Oct 14 11:50:58 2019]
    Validation has completed.

Once again thanks and I look like to try upgrade step by step, it's possible you send me the other links?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.