QMac - Issues Printing After Updating to MacOS Catalina

Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
We have received notifications that some Users may experience various issues printing after updating to the latest MacOS Catalina.

These issues may be caused by compatibility issues between the printers and Catalina OS.

At this time we do not have an ETA on when these compatibility issues will be resolved and if errors are received, we recommend Users contact the printer directly for more information.

If you would like to be automatically notified once these issues are resolved, please "Bookmark" this post by clicking the Yellow Star icon in the upper right corner.

Thank you!

Comments

• chitownhockeychitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think I may have discovered a fix for the printing problem in Quicken Mac using macOS Catalina.

The original posted problem is printing from Quicken Mac using Catalina would result in one line of ASCII symbols being printed on multiple pages.

What I've done is to add another printer in the Mac SYSTEM PREFERENCES Printers and Scanners section. Add the exact same printer as you have listed originally, but in the Use dropdown select the printer name. Do NOT select AIRPRINT as the printer Use name.

You will now have TWO printers listed...the newer printer will have a suffix of "2" added in the list. Make the new printer with the suffix "2" the DEFAULT printer.

Quicken Mac should now print normally using the Default printer in the printer selection dialogue box if it isn't already the default.

And since you still have the original AirPrint driver listed, you can print from your iPad or iPhone as you normally do using AirPrint.

Hope this works for others as well.
This discussion has been closed.