Upgraded to 2019 from 2007 - now Quicken cant find my data

Where is the data stored on my Mac? Quicken 2019 behaves as if there is no current file.

Comments

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you did not specify an alternative location, Quicken's default location is in your User Library, which you can get to in the Finder by holding down the Option key and selecting Library from the Go menu.

In your Library folder, navigate to Application Support > Quicken > Documents and you will find your Quicken 2019 data file.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mtrylingmtryling Member
    After installing Q2019 and importing my Q2007 data, I verified it was all there. Then I uninstalled the Q2007 application since it no longer will work in the Catalina OS. When uninstalling the Q2007 did it inadvertently remove the Q2019 data?
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. The Quicken 2007 application was in your Applications folder. Your Quicken 2019 data file is where I started above, or somewhere else, but certainly not in your Applications folder. And since you had Quicken 2019 installed before you updated to Catalina, the Catalina updater should not have touched your Quicken 2019 data file.

So, did you look in the location I described above?

Have you tried a Finder search for ".quicken"? (Quicken 2019 data files end with ".quicken")
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mtrylingmtryling Member
    Yes. I received an error message when I tried to open the files - as if they were corrupt. In fact the only file types I found were not Q2019 file types. I tried restoring the files from a backup drive but was unable to locate quicken in the application support folder on the backup drive. Not sure the file was there one day and the next day gone.