Budget errors- why are actuals duplicated in 'everything else' category despite correct tag

Many actual transactions are being duplicated on my Quicken on the Web version of the budget: one instance in the preassigned budget category and one instance in the 'everything else' catchall bucket. The everything else and totals look overstated due to the items duplicated. Has anyone else run into this? Any suggestions on how to fix? The desktop version is fine. Thanks
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello Jcam,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are seeing transactions in the Mobile App that are duplicates of existing ones, reset your cloud data:

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon Troubleshooting Issues with the Quicken Mobile App in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/troubleshooting-quicken-mobile-companion-app

Please respond back to let me know if the issue persists after resetting the cloud.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jcam
    jcam Member
    Hi Quicken Tyka- thanks for your help. I followed the steps above and it looks like the issue is still there but I think I have a little more clarity. Here's what seems to be the issue. The desktop version, Quicken on the web and the mobile app all have slightly different results:

1- Using the desktop version as my default and intended entries and results- I have three categories that show in my budget:
    a. Personal Income
    b. Personal Expenses (categorized with a catch all field for everything else)
    c. Detailed Loan Payments- this field was populated by Quicken outside of the Personal expenses and includes my mortgage payment for both interest and principal. This is not included in "b" above

2- The mobile version:

a. Personal Income is the same as #1a
    b. Personal Expense is the same as #1b except the 'everything else' bucket captures the mortgage interest in #1c above (but not the principal payment). The drill-down transactions shows only the expected non-budgeted personal expenses in 1b + the mortgage interest only in 1c.
    c. Detailed Loan Payments- there is no field for this. The mortgage interest is in 2b above and the principal payment is no longer in the budget

3- Quicken on the web
    a. Personal income is the same as #1a and #2a
    b. Personal expense works the same as #2b above and shows the same $ figure of overspending due to the mortgage interest in the 'everything else' bucket. However, the drill-down into this dollar figures shows incorrect entries including several of the budgeted Personal expenses already captured in the correct buckets. It doesn't appear to affect the actual "everything else" amount but is confusing due to the noise which should not show there. This caused my original question because it appeared to be double counting though it turns out to not be the case.
    c. The Detailed Loan Payments- see 2c above. This entry is not in the web or mobile version; only the desktop and therefore does not show the principal payment in the budget.

Sorry for the long response. Basically it looks like the issue(s) are as follows:

1- The Detailed Loan field in the desktop budget disappeared. The mortgage interest moved to the Personal Expenses bucket under 'everything else' while the principal portion of the payment disappeared from the budget altogether (this would be nice to have back..whether in personal expenses or the detailed loan field like the desktop).

2- The Everything Else field on the Quicken on the Web version appears to show transactions in the drill-down that do not correspond to how the dollar amount is actually calculated causing extra noise and confusion.

Thanks