account balance does not agree with bank balance

The q uicken account balance does not agree with the bank balance even though the account has been reconciled each month without problems. How can I make a one time correction to bring them into agreement?

Also the reconcile screens show a number of transactions that were not cleared even though the reconcilation balanced each month. How can I get rid of these items, if I just go in and mark them cleared will it not throw the whole account off?

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2019 Accepted Answer
    What type of bank account are you talking about? Checking? Savings? Card? Loan?
    And what balance, in Q, are you comparing to your bank's online balance?
    Have you tried clicking on the CLR column header in that account to see if the last Cleared amount (has a 'c'' in the CLR column) agrees with the bank's amount.  Click the DATE column header after you've done this to re-sort the account to date order.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2019 Accepted Answer
    What type of bank account are you talking about? Checking? Savings? Card? Loan?
    And what balance, in Q, are you comparing to your bank's online balance?
    Have you tried clicking on the CLR column header in that account to see if the last Cleared amount (has a 'c'' in the CLR column) agrees with the bank's amount.  Click the DATE column header after you've done this to re-sort the account to date order.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.