Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Backups and File Conversion (Mac)

KEYBOARD SHORTCUT FOR BACKUPS (1 merged vote)

hewnesshewness Member
Before the break with Intuit, or so, there was a keyboard shortcut for "Save a Backup". I'm on the go with my laptop, and often save backups to a Google Drive folder providing add'l cloud backup. I miss this shortcut and would love to see it return. CMD/CTRL B. Thank you.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Comments

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using Quicken Mac Subscription? You can set a keyboard shortcut for any Mac application, including Quicken, using System Preferences. See this:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/mchlp2271/10.14/mac/10.14
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • dnelsondnelson Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Windows 7 Quicken R23.17
    Since Quicken stopped using .NET framework I have had constant episode during One Step Update and Quotes downloads that the screen goes black. The progress box remains and says that Quicken is not responding. This last for several seconds and the normal screen is restored and the download ends successfully. Is there going to be a fix for this?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @dnelson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with the "screen flicker" you are experiencing, I would start with uninstalling using the QcleanUI utility and then reinstalling the Quicken application.

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Quicken_Tyka ,

It also goes to a Black Screen while backing up as well. And I have uninstall and reinstalled without fixing this problem. It has been introduced two or three R# back.

Before going to a Black Screen, it use to go to an all white screen.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R29.12 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20221.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19041.508

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• sgosinksgosink Member
    > @dnelson said:
    > Windows 7 Quicken R23.17
    >
    > Since Quicken stopped using .NET framework I have had constant episode during One Step Update and Quotes downloads that the screen goes black. The progress box remains and says that Quicken is not responding. This last for several seconds and the normal screen is restored and the download ends successfully. Is there going to be a fix for this?

I have the same issues as well. Not sure about the Net framework part but the rest is absolutely exactly the same
  • Lauren BabusLauren Babus Member ✭✭
    Same issue here
  • kenmc411kenmc411 Member ✭✭
    It would be helpful to be able to open the "save a backup" dialog via Command B. Also, "save a backup" should open to the last file system location a backup was done
  • kenmc411kenmc411 Member ✭✭
    That's awesome. Thanks. Now if it opened to the last save location that would be outstanding.
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about setting another similar keyboard shortcut for the menu File > Show Backups in Finder. For example, if you have set Command-B as Save a Backup, then set Command-Option-B as Show Backups.

Alternatively, you could use a macro utility such as Keyboard Maestro ($36) to make a keyboard shortcut that would activate both menu commands.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s