Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

San Diego Credit Union returns CC-502

San Diego Credit Union just switched to a new online banking site which also changed the URL . Ever since I converted, I am unable to download banking transactions into my register. How do we get this fixed so I don't have to manually add my transactions?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience.

We have received notification from our Service Providers that work is in progress to update the information and restore connections with SDCCU as soon as possible.

Part of the work has been completed and accounts should now be able to be added, however you may still receive an error or experience missing transactions when attempting to download new account/transaction activity.

If an error is received or no new transactions download, please allow up to 48 hrs and try to update accounts again.

If you would like to be automatically notified once this issue has been fully resolved, please "Bookmark" this post by clicking the Yellow Star icon in the upper right corner.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• MHSwizzleStickMHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    SDCCU updated their website several days ago. Since then, OSU fails with a "Connectivity Problems" window which contains an "Update Now" button to fix the problem. When I click on that, I get a window that asks for a password but there is no text box in which to enter the password (I wanted to paste an image of that window into this post, but I don't see any ability to do that). Clicking OK just returns to the "Connectivity Problems" window. Cancelling out of that displays a CC-800 error with a "Fix It" button. Clicking "Fix It" just goes back to the Connectivity Problems window.

I've tried resetting the account and deactivate/activate, all fail. Activate ends in a CC-502 error.

Also, every time I try to connect through Quicken, I get an Account Alert email from SDCCU with the following:
    Your Online Banking account was accessed just now from an unrecognized device or browser.
    Login date and time: 10/17/2019 8:18:49 AM
    IP address: 206.108.41.108

The last 3 digits of the IP address can be 105, 106, 107 or 108.

Quicken Windows 7
    Version: R22.12
    Build: 27.1.22.12

Suggestions? Thanks.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried this yet (if your bank recently changed their website or password requirements)?

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Please read and follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/server-issue-troubleshooting

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's contractual obligation to notify their Account Manager at Intuit Inc. of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change and any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and report this Online Banking issue, so that Intuit Inc. can be notified of the issue.  Ultimately, however, the bank must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

The troubleshooting link didn't fix the problem. I contacted Quicken tech support and after looking at CONNLOG, they concluded that Quicken was connecting correctly, but SDCCU's servers were reporting an error. So I'll have to contact SDCCU to get it fixed.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your help.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-502
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • HappyOneHappyOne Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the response and yes I had read that article however I am an early adopter to San Diego Credit Union's new website and the URL for the site has changed for which I would assume the API has changed since they have both sites active.
    edited October 2019
    HappyOne said:
    Ok, I wasn't clear. Not only did "I read the article" but I followed the instructions and if that worked then I wouldn't have posted this.
    Okay.  Tell us what happened when you contacted Quicken Support as instructed in the article.

Quicken continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    The support person from Quicken told me that I needed to contact my Credit Union and when I contacted the Credit Union, they told me they knew nothing about Quicken and to contact Quicken.

The ironic thing is the connection has been reliable until the Credit Union changed to a new online site and I am guessing that they didn't communicate those changes with Quicken. Thank you for the article. I will check it out although I don't think I have an option.
    edited October 2019
    HappyOne said:
    The support person from Quicken told me that I needed to contact my Credit Union and when I contacted the Credit Union, they told me they knew nothing about Quicken and to contact Quicken.

The ironic thing is the connection has been reliable until the Credit Union changed to a new online site and I am guessing that they didn't communicate those changes with Quicken. Thank you for the article. I will check it out although I don't think I have an option.
    I suggest you call Quicken Support back.  They are responsible for escalating the issue to the Express Web Connect script team.  How quickly they'll resolve the issue will depend on how they prioritize the issue they're having with your financial institution.  

This is not ironic.  The Express Web Connect connection method is dependent on the stablility of the financial institution's web site. 

Note:  San Diego County Credit Union should support Web Connect for banking accounts.

Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    Same problem. I called Quicken Support yesterday and after examining my connection logs, they also told me I needed to call San Diego County Credit Union to resolve the issue. I haven't yet.

As far as supporting Web Connect, the new site does not. When you click Download in an account, the only option is to download a spreadsheet:
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried this yet (if your bank recently changed their website or password requirements)?

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Please read and follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/server-issue-troubleshooting

If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's contractual obligation to notify their Account Manager at Intuit Inc. of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change and any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and report this Online Banking issue, so that Intuit Inc. can be notified of the issue.  Ultimately, however, the bank must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

Quicken Support had me go through the branding refresh, deactivate/activate, create a new test file and add the account to that. Nothing worked. Interestingly, this morning I started to get CC-501 during the One Step Update instead of CC-502. Hoping that meant there was some change, I went through all the steps again but still no success.
    Arrgh, I was not correct when I said that the new website does not support Web Connect. You have to click Accounts -> Export. Then you can export to Quicken or QuickBooks. Sorry for the misinformation.
    Success. This morning, I deactivated all of my SDCCU accounts, then activated my checking account. Quicken successfully found all of my SDCCU accounts and correctly linked them to the existing accounts in Quicken. One Step Update works again.

Note: before doing this, I first tried the Branding refresh which did not fix the problem. Next, I tried Resetting the accounts, which failed. Only the deactivate/activate worked.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience.

We have received notification from our Service Providers that work is in progress to update the information and restore connections with SDCCU as soon as possible.

Part of the work has been completed and accounts should now be able to be added, however you may still receive an error or experience missing transactions when attempting to download new account/transaction activity.

If an error is received or no new transactions download, please allow up to 48 hrs and try to update accounts again.

If you would like to be automatically notified once this issue has been fully resolved, please "Bookmark" this post by clicking the Yellow Star icon in the upper right corner.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Mine is finally downloading again as well.. :smile:
  • I waited the 48 hours since Quicken Sarahs post on 10/21 and am still not getting new transaction downloads. I do get the balance updated but am not the individual transactions downloaded. I tried ... 1) directly updating the accounts along with 2) first deactivating and then reactivating the account. My account was migrated to the new SDCCU web portal. And perhaps the fix is not complete across all accounts. Thanks.

Macintosh - Version 5.12.5 (Build 512.29294.100)
    Same problem. Also, I get two account alert emails from SDCCU every morning with the following text:

Your Online Banking account was accessed just now from an unrecognized device or browser.
    Login date and time: 10/24/2019 6:33:11 AM
    IP address: 206.108.41.105

I'm guessing that IP address is Intuit's servers?
  • bshermbsherm Member
    I admire you for getting help from Quicken tech support. The person I chatted with was beyond condescending. SDCCU says they know about the problem and says to "manually download" until the get it fixed (well over a week now!), but there is no way to manually download to Quicken from their website--only into Excel. I'm beyond frustrated with both companies.
  • mdyzmdyz Member
    I am having the same problems with Web Connect since the SDCCU website update. You can can export from SDCCU manually. Once you are logged in, click on 'Accounts' then click on 'Export'. Choose 'Quicken' or 'QuickBooks to download Customer service is less than helpful.
    edited October 2019
    Sorry I didn't keep up with this thread. Please see the following thread, which offers additional info:
    [self-referencing URL removed - posts have been merged]

However, it is still true that this problem has not been fixed yet.

(Also, it would be great if someone could merge these two threads.)
    I am now successfully downloading transactions with One Step Update, but I'm still receiving 2 alert emails every morning from SDCCU that an unrecognized device has accessed my account (see my post above on Oct 24). No big deal, I just delete them. (On the SDCCU website, I went to "Self-Service -> Alert Preferences" but didn't see a way to turn these alerts off.)
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you called SDCCU yet and asked them about these alert emails and how to turn them off for authorized third party services like the Quicken / Intuit Express Web Connect aggregator?
    There must be a veritable flood of emails going out every night when Quicken / Intuit connects to SDCCU accounts and downloads data for every Quicken user. What a waste of computer resources!
  • Everything working fine for me :).
    UKR: I emailed SDCCU support with the info. 
    Thank you for getting support on the continuous emails. I am getting the same thing and is more of an annoyance than anything and the IP is the same except for the last three digits which is IP address: 206.108.41.108..
  • csmaslincsmaslin Member
    This is the problem I am having to day with the San Diego County Credit Union. Error CC-502.
    I didn't have any errors updating this morning. Have you tried this trouble-shooting guide?

• sd_tomsd_tom Member
    > @MHSwizzleStick said:
    > Same problem. Also, I get two account alert emails from SDCCU every morning with the following text:
    >
    > Your Online Banking account was accessed just now from an unrecognized device or browser.
    > Login date and time: 10/24/2019 6:33:11 AM
    > IP address: 206.108.41.105
    >
    > I'm guessing that IP address is Intuit's servers?

I'm getting this with the new branch as well... has anyone had any luck getting it to stop? Nuisance that also makes me nervous (cry wolf scenario). I don't have the cloud sync enabled so I am not sure why it's even looking at my accounts daily at 6am
    The alert email contains a phone number and an email address to report this problem. I sent an email on Nov 1. I haven't gotten a response yet. You might want to contact them as well. This is the email I sent:
    Unrecognized device
    Every morning, I receive one or two alert emails that an unrecognized device accessed my account. I think this has something to do with Quicken because I also receive one of these emails each evening when I run Quicken on my computer and download transactions. 

I only started receiving these since I changed to the new Internet Banking site. 

Here is the text from an email I received this morning:

Login date and time: 11/01/2019 6:45:27 AM
    IP address: 206.108.41.106

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    sd_tom said:
    I'm getting this with the new branch as well... has anyone had any luck getting it to stop? Nuisance that also makes me nervous (cry wolf scenario). I don't have the cloud sync enabled so I am not sure why it's even looking at my accounts daily at 6am
    "Cloud sync" is NOT the cause of these messages.
    Your account is activated for transaction downloading using "Express Web Connect" communication protocol. As a result of that, an aggregation server at Quicken runs a nightly transaction download pretending to be you. That server holds the downloaded data and sends it to you next time you run a One Step Update.
    The bank should make changes to eliminate these warning messages for "authorized third party access servers".
This discussion has been closed.