Quicken Home Inventory

I have used Quicken for over ten years. I miss the "Quicken Home Inventory " tab from older versions of Quicken. Can this function be brought back? If not, is there a way to access the content of my "QHI" file without using an earlier version of Quicken on an older computer?
Tagged:

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Here are my old notes.  Don't know if they still work.

There are 2 different inventory programs.  This is for the embedded Home Inventory.  Not the separate Home Inventory Manager which was discontinued years ago.  If you have the .idb file that is the embedded one.

How to install Home Inventory & Emergency Records Organizer

You have to first install the Inventory program so you have to find the install file and double click on it. The install file is QuickenHomeInventory.exe (and you should also have  EmergencyRecordsOrganizer.exe).  I have Quicken 2013 and when I moved Quicken to my new HP Desktop 64bit with Windows 8.1 -  I found inventory in C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken folder. After it was installed,  I went back and found the actual program "QHI.exe"  in the programs folder and I right clicked on it and sent a shortcut to my Desktop.  The data file ends in .IDB.  It should be in My Documents (or just Documents) in the Quicken folder.  Or search for it.  

• Ron W
    Ron W Member ✭✭
    FYI, the problems with QHI appear only on my laptops using Windows 10. The program runs fine on my desktop. I have no idea why.
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Windows 10
    If you are still having problems you should try to make QuickenHomeInventory.exe Compatible as Windows 7
    You may have also do that for EmergencyRecordsOrganizer.exe
    Make sure Quicken is closed before you do the above.

Quicken Windows Deluxe (Subscription)
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2

This discussion has been closed.