Quicken assigns a catagory to all transactions when it downloads, how do I change the catagory on a

Best Answer

Answers

• David ChristopherDavid Christopher Member ✭✭✭✭
    2 ways
    1. Accept the downloaded transaction and after it is in your register just change the category to what you want.
    2. While the transaction is still in your downloaded transaction window at bottom of register just select it and that puts it in register. You can then change the Category then click Accept in the Downloaded Transaction Line for the Transaction.
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this question is about QMac (as indicated by the forum category), then #2 does not apply.

Instead, just double click on the category field in the transaction. The transaction will open for edit with the category selected. Just start typing the new category.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • slowayneslowayne Member
    I have been changing every month the category after the transaction is downloaded and in the register. I am looking for a way to change the category that Quicken for Mac assigns. Is there some way to tell it that a certain vendor is always something different then what it assigned. Somehow Quicken made the assignment. There has to be a way to change that.
  • slowayneslowayne Member
    Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try it and post the results.
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, in connected services, try turning off the option to "automatically improve the quality of downloaded payee names and categories".
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.