I am not able to download from Wells Fargo accounts (QMac) (edited to include platform)

I am using Quicken for Mac (v 5.12.5) and Quicken Connect, and I am not able to download from Wells Fargo accounts.

Answers

• CejkameoutCejkameout Member ✭✭
    You may have to verify and elect the quicken credentials on the Wells Fargo side. I am not on a MAC, but with my PC Quicken, I had to go through steps at Wells Fargo to allow the connection and syncing of my accounts. My banker helped walk me through the process.
  • 2527roy2527roy Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Cejkameout. I am able to get the online balance, but not the transactions, and it was working fine until a couple of days.
    Hi Cejkameout, you were right, I had to work with Wells Fargo to change the access method from "Quicken Connect" to "Direct Connect", and now it is working fine. Thanks
  • gironphotogironphoto Member
    I am having the same issues as 2527roy. The latest version of Quicken for Mac. Wells Fargo downloads had worked until this week. Tried to "deactivate" account and "reactivate" for "Quicken Connect". No luck. Contacted Wells Fargo, but the rep said if they switched to "Direct Connect" I would be charged a monthly fee? Is that the case with you, Cejkameout & 2527roy?
    Hi gironphoto, that was the case with one of my Wells Fargo accounts, they notified me that a charge fee will be applied, so I deactivated the "Direct Connect" service for that account, and I will sync it manually. I don't understand why the "Quicken Connect" service is not working, I think Quicken should have a word on this.
  • 1simplysara1simplysara Member
    edited October 26
    I am using Quicken for Mac (v 5.12.5) and Quicken Connect, and I am not able to download from Wells Fargo accounts.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1
    (Removed Self-Referencing Link)

• joanwolcottjoanwolcott Member ✭✭
    During the month of October several banking (Wells Fargo) transaction not downloading to the register. However, balance between bank and Quicken is accurate. I have version 5.13.0
    edited November 3
    Occasionally some transactions (Wells Fargo) are not downloading to the register. However...Quicken balance and bank balance always agree! Using 5.13.0 Any ideas?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Joanwolcott,

Thank you for taking the time to post your issue to the Community although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with transactions missing from your Wells Fargo account, please take a moment and review the information available here.

Please also let us know the connection method, this can be found in settings in the bottom right-hand corner. Can you also provide if you enter transactions manually prior to downloading? 

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
    I use Quicken Connect. I do NOT enter transactions manually
  • frankperrasfrankperras Member ✭✭
    Just this week downloading transactions for Wells Fargo stopped. Need to resign in as if for the first time under change connection type. Is there a know issue with Wells Fargo?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Joanwolcott,

Thank you for the response.

At this point, I would ask that you contact support directly for advanced troubleshooting.

Support can be reached at:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • qnjgaqnjga Member
    Downloaded transactions manually today in QFX format and imported the QFX file into Quicken OK. I did notice the downloaded QFX file has a different header than before, but Quicken handled it OK.

I use Notepad++ to analyze the downloaded transactions when there is a problem and it did not like that the XML header had been excluded.

This leads me to believe that Quicken and WFB must have discussed this. Why this was done I do not know, but it may indicate that the Qn/WFB transaction interface has changed and may cause problems for some.
  • frankperrasfrankperras Member ✭✭
    Thanks