Category Descriptions Instead of Names in Reports (Q Mac)

coryatcfcoryatcf Member
edited November 15 in Reports (Mac)
Is it possible to print category descriptions instead of names in the latest Quicken Deluxe for Mac? This is no longer in the preferences or report options, as far as I can see, and I need that capability. Thanks!
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• coryatcfcoryatcf Member
    Thanks, but no... That just switches between long and short category names; I want to use category DESCRIPTIONS in reports.
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, there's no way to do that. You could make a workaround in Excel, but it would take some Excel formula knowledge and manual recreation of your category list.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • coryatcfcoryatcf Member
    That's too bad; this was in Quicken Mac 2007, and I wish they would add it back, as well other report settings like fonts.
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello coryatcf,

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the Community!

I went ahead and turned this discussion into an Idea thread so that other users are able to vote on it. Our developer's review Idea threads to get an idea of what people would like Quicken to offer.

Be sure to add your vote by clicking on the gray triangle right above the current vote count, located in the blue box at the beginning of this thread:

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie
    -Quicken Natalie 

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    coryatcf said:
    That's too bad; this was in Quicken Mac 2007, and I wish they would add it back, as well other report settings like fonts.
    For that, you can add your VOTE to Report Formatting Options

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count at the top of page 1 in the blue banner, so your vote will count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version (it may take a moment for your vote to register).

Your VOTES Matter!

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian  user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs: