I used to be able to embed an image in my posts. I no longer can. Why?

As you can see in the following post from Feb 2019, I had been able to embed images throughout a post:
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/19986505/#Comment_19986505

Now, when I add an image, it is added as an attachment, rather than embedded within the post. This happens whether I drag-and-drop, or click the Image icon and browse. Also, this happens regardless of the browser I use.

Reading other posts, I see that some people are able to embed images (and also quote other posts with a colored background). Is there a reason why I can do neither?

Note: the attached screen snip shows the only controls I see when composing a post.

Best Answer

Answers

• MHSwizzleStickMHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭
    I only have 39 points. However, I do have 6 badges including 3 birthday cakes. I guess I'll just eat the birthday cakes and be satisfied with that.

Thanks for the info.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just keep posting until you get to 50.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    MHSwizzleStick said:
    Note: the attached screen snip shows the only controls I see when composing a post.
    This was done to be able to scan the "attachment" for various bad things...
    What's the pull down menu for the "image" offer as selections ?

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
    Just the ability to browse for a file.
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, did you notice the words "Insert an image"? That is how you insert an image into a post.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win7 Pro & Win10 Pro.
    If you're suggesting that the words "Insert an image" is clickable, it isn't. The only thing clickable in the pull down menu is Browse and that adds the selected image as an attachment rather than embedding it within the text.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing clickable in the pull down menu is Browse and that adds the selected image as an attachment rather than embedding it within the text.
    Go back to @Greg_the_Geek's reply of 3:19pm for the reason why.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m giving “likes” to @MHSwizzleStick to add points.
    Adding an attachment is fine, @MHSwizzleStick. It’s just an extra click for us to see it. You’ll get your points up.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win7 Pro & Win10 Pro.
    RocketJSquirrel: I do understand that the attachment is fine and I'm OK with that. I was just wondering why I previously had posting capabilities that I no longer have and Greg_the_Greek answered that satisfactorily. And thanks for the "like"; that brings me up to 46 points. Woohoo!
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got you to 53 points.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
    Got you to 53 points.
    You guys are the GREATEST!
    Remind me to put you in my will.
This discussion has been closed.