Discover Cards Claim to download but NEVER import data

During Update of accounts, Quicken claims to download the data from Discover Card yet NEVER shows any data. I have to Manually go to the Discover Card web site and MANUALLY download and import transactions. Have tried a number of things, other accounts work as expected. Any suggestions are welcome. Have disabled the account, started new accounts with same number etc.... Of course, Discover says it is Quicken since it downloads the file but does not import the data. Is this a feature I pay for?

Answers

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @alfredr

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

What version and release of Quicken are you using?  If you aren't sure, this information may be found in the Help menu > About Quicken.

Please also go to the Tools menu > One Step Update Summary.  In the window that opens, click the blue link right below Discover Card that says "xx account updated" and what is listed Online Balance As Of date?

Please also let us know if you are connected to download transactions using the Express Web Connect or Direct Connect connection methods.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • alfredralfredr Member ✭✭
    Version R22.17 Build 27.1.22.17 Express Web Connect for each account. I have 2 accounts both behave the same way. Have tried resetting and that did nothing. As for the Update message, it claims the proper balance and proper dat and indicates the correct number of transactions. HOWEVER NONE appear in the ledger!! I have to go to Discover and import manually. Turned off and on automatic entry, again no effect. Your help is appreciated! and I checked the filter. Says show all transactions.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @alfredr

Thank you for that additional information, although I'm sorry to hear that issues are persisting.

Please go to the Tools menu and select "Online Center" from close to the bottom of the menu.

In the Online Center window, change the Financial Institution drop-down menu to Discover Card and do any of the transactions appear in the space below?

If so, please see the information and steps available here, which should help to resolve the missing transactions.

Please let us know how it goes, thank you.

Sarah
    So, I did that and it did not show ANY transactions! This is true for both accounts. The Balance was correct but showed no transactions. I am thinking of closing the accounts and then restarting to electronic transfer. That would be an extreme solution. Good thing this stuff is not involved with Healthcare. I am open to any other suggestions.
    Found it! Not the cause but a solution! Edit Account online services, DEACTIVATE one account. Then reactivate. System updates the one account and actually imports the data. Restart program and do same to other account. They both work now. I think this was the last step before starting a new account in the system. Thanks for the help. Users Rule Because they have to!