Separate Area to track current balances

Team, I like the idea of pulling current account balances like credit cards, but the way it is implemented today is way too confusing. I would love to see a separate tab or area that would have the accounts listed (like credit cards) and their current balances and due date. I don't want it fully integrated directly in the bill area. I just would like to see a separate running list. Stick it under the bill and income, tab for "Current Balances" and it gets auto updated with everything else
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't the Account Bar, set to "Show Current Balance", give you what you're looking for ... "as of today, how much do I owe in credit cards?"
    Except, of course, the next Due Date is not available anywhere in Quicken unless you set up a Scheduled Reminder for each of your credit card accounts.
    Any view in Quicken like the Bill and Income Reminders view in a customized Home page / My Money view or the Projected Balances view in the Bills & income tab will show you these reminders
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I don't quite understand how that differs from the info already in the Account Bar.
    NOTE the light line dividing Checking accounts from the HSA (a Savings account) from the Credit card accounts.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Rick Sabados
    Rick Sabados Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the info but I don't want all the transaction history with my credit cards. If I "hide in transaction entry list" will not not pull down all the transactions? One of our cards does well over 100+ transactions a month and don't want that detail or bloat in my quicken.
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I don't think that you will be able to suppress the transaction details and only show account balances. "hide in transaction entry list" wont get you there.

You didn't respond if the account bar, as described by @UKR and @NotACPA,, is visible and if that is really what you want to see >  Account x      $<Balance>

If you don't see the account bar for some reason, then have a look at the image below to make it visible.