Problems downloading VOYA accounts - QMac (updated title)

As of 10/24/19 I have no access to VOYA accounts through Quick for Mac 2015 2017. I can no longer connect to update transactions. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• dmurad53dmurad53 Member ✭✭
    I have Quicken 2017 V 4.8.5 not 2015
  • Me, too. I'm using Q Win 2017 R19.7.

I've tried Deactivation, followed by re-activation & arrive at the same OL-297-A error. Voya phone support points the finger back at Quicken.

Anyone else having the same problem?
  • cinnamon1953cinnamon1953 Member ✭✭
    Me too. I am using Quicken Deluxe for Macs 2019, version 5.13.0. I could download my Voya accounts on 10/25/2019. On 10/29/2019 I couldn't. Anyone else having this problem?
    How can it be Quicken ?
    Thanks for the comment. I thought it was just me because I did not see anything posted
  • I suspect it's a problem on the Voya side that the general phone support isn't qualified to answer. i.e. it's a technical problem between the Q servers that talk to the Voya servers.

I'm "hoping" that someone at Quicken can see this thread, contact Voya's technical folks & get the problem resolved.

There appears to be another Q Community thread for the same issue:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7862591/voya-financial
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to get these types of connectivity issues "noticed" by Quicken is to contact Quicken Support. Posting them here is a hit-or-miss proposition, as this is mostly a forum for user-to-user support, with a little help from the Quicken moderators.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
    I just wanted to see if there were other users having the same issue I was having before I contact support. That is the first thing on my list tomorrow.
  • Thank you for posting. I tired Quicken support the "support" didnt even do anything to help. They said to deactivate, try to find account again, ect. Then the guy sent a whole thing on the firewall. dmurad53, If you find something out, please let me know. I am really bummed. :) Thank you :smile:
    I will post something after I contact support
    58 minutes with Quicken Support - they tell me to try VOYA
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In case of transaction download problems

Please provide more details.

What version and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

Using Quicken 2017 V 4.8.5 Mac OS 10.12.6
    Just started having issues connecting to VOYA, retirement accounts. Problem occurs when I try to update accounts from desk top. Error message is ttached. spent 1 hour with Quicken support - then tried Voya. Voya is working on it.
  • > @dmurad53 said:
    > Using Quicken 2017 V 4.8.5 Mac OS 10.12.6
    > Just started having issues connecting to VOYA, retirement accounts. Problem occurs when I try to update accounts from desk top. Error message is ttached. spent 1 hour with Quicken support - then tried Voya. Voya is working on it.

You appear to have gotten farther with Voya than I did. When I called them yesterday, they pointed the finger back at Q & directed me to a "Quicken Support Page" at an Intuit.com domain. (SMH)

@UKR, the specifics you seek regarding my particular case are posted in a similar QC thread: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7862591/voya-financial
    Will see how far I get - if they respond to my email
  • gregory13gregory13 Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue. Updated to 5.13 hoping that would fix it, but it didn't; still can't download from Voya.
  • CrunchTheNumbersCrunchTheNumbers Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I just posted in the other thread. Q Support wants me to review TLS 1.2 settings, but I don't know how that fits the Mac users.

It would probably be best to consolidate these into a single thread.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7862591/voya-financial
  • > @CrunchTheNumbers said:
    > It would probably be best to consolidate these into a single thread.
    >

Ah, the issues need to remain segregated. I just searched the Community for "Voya" & the Mac & Win thread both appeared. I didn't catch that they're in different platforms.
    It is frustrating. To have something work just the way you want it and then somebody, somewhere decides to "improve it" and it no longer works. Nobody (Q or Voya) seems to want to take responsibility or knows what to do. I bought Quicken because of what it can do. Now just another step backwards
  • almcatealmcate Member ✭✭
    Mac Quicken Deluxe 2020 here, version 5.13.1
    Talked to both Voya and Quicken support with neither offering anything useful. Email response from Quicken was: "Currently there is no time frame available regarding when the issue with accessing Quicken will be resolved for Mac devices," which sounds like it's a Quicken issue. Over the past dozen years Quicken has dropped connectivity with Voya at least 4 or five times, on one occasion for a period of over a year. Fix then was a workaround to append "@VOYA" to the user ID. Obviously there is some update coding either in the latest Quicken update, or Mac system update or some tweak on the Voya side that has broken and if past experience is a guide, it may be a while before it gets resolved. Figure I'll call on a periodic basis just to tweak their customer service logs. Maybe we should all ask for a discount while they're fiddling about?
    Completely agree with previous couple of comments. Inexcusable on the part of Quicken and/or Voya. This nonsense happens far too often with Quicken, especially Quicken for Mac and from my perspective Quicken couldn’t care less!
  • cinnamon1953cinnamon1953 Member ✭✭
    Voya log in works, finally. I downloaded the latest Quicken fix this morning (11/8/2019 at 9:00 am) and then tried to set up my log in to Voya. It didn't work, so i tried messing with the log in instructions! At Bank, i selected institutional plan services, at id i put in my log in id plus @voya, then at Pin i put in my password, not PIN and Hooray, it worked.
    edited November 2019
    where did you go to get latest Quicken fix ? I am working an Mac V 4.8.5
    I also downloaded the update released this morning but my Voya account still can't connect?
    Mine still doesn't wotk as well
  • CrunchTheNumbersCrunchTheNumbers Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    The QWin product includes some log file capabilities for deeper support. In the QWin product, you get to that by navigating Help>Log Files.

Within the resulting dialogue box, you have the ability to generate an OFXLOG file & review a Connection Log (aka CONNLOG).

I use QWin. This morning, I had a chat support session with Q Support & send my log files for analysis. The Q tech said there are two lines within my CONNLOG file that demonstrate that the problem is on the Voya side:

20191111 12:30:29: Cannot find error string for 67186557, please check IC TechNotes QuickBase
    20191111 12:30:30: QFN: End send to https://ofx.voyaplans.com/eofx/Server, netstatus 36

I now have a formal, open Voya support ticket & have provided Voya with the log file info. They're supposed to get back with me by the end of this week.

If the QMac product has similar functionality, can someone open theirs & look for text similar or the same as what I find in my CONNLOG file?
  • lhossuslhossus SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a mixed bag of observations on connecting to Voya:

1) I tried to set up a connection to Voya in a fresh new Quicken for Mac data file. I got the following:

In the ConnLog.txt file (found via Help > Show Logs in Finder) I found the following:
    2019-11-11 19:28:56 +0000 (2019-11-11 11:28:56 PST): Starting connection to https://ofx.voyaplans.com/eofx/Server
    2019-11-11 19:28:56 +0000 (2019-11-11 11:28:56 PST): Got an error, description:
    Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1200 "An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made." UserInfo={_kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=-9806, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Would you like to connect to the server anyway?, NSUnderlyingError=0x60800b65e3c0 {Error Domain=kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork Code=-1200 "An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made." UserInfo={NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://ofx.voyaplans.com/eofx/Server, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Would you like to connect to the server anyway?, _kCFNetworkCFStreamSSLErrorOriginalValue=-9806, _kCFStreamPropertySSLClientCertificateState=0, NSLocalizedDescription=An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made., _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=3, NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://ofx.voyaplans.com/eofx/Server, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=-9806}}, NSLocalizedDescription=An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made., NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://ofx.voyaplans.com/eofx/Server, NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://ofx.voyaplans.com/eofx/Server, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=3}

2) Looking back thru my ConnLog, I see this same "SSL error" reported each time I ran an Update All Online Accounts (UAOA) over the past several weeks.

Here is the pop-up error dialog that occurs during the UAOA:

and the entry in the Account Status window:

Quicken for Mac v5.13.2 (Build 513.30554.100)
    macOS 10.12.6

Quicken Mac Subscription
    macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    I checked my logs as well and get the same messages in my ConnLog.txt file when attempting to connect to Voya. I sent an email to Voya through my account informing them that I lost the ability to connect via Quicken about a month ago, asking if they are aware of an issue and if so if they are working with Quicken to fix the issue. I'll post their response once received.
  • Gina SantacroceGina Santacroce Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Thank you everyone for your tenacity. I continue to follow and pray this gets fixed soon. Thank you to Crunchthenumbers and others.
    Voya responded to my email. I asked them if they were aware of connectivity (transaction download) issues with Quicken and if so if they were working on a fix. I don't think they understood my question seeing that they didn't acknowledge awareness of an issue or that they were working on fixing it - here is their response:

"Thank you for contacting Voya Institutional Plan Services, LLC. Thank you for your comments. We are always looking for ways to improve and enhance all of our services, including those we provide through our web site. We will take your feedback under advisement and forward it to the appropriate individuals in our web site development group."
This discussion has been closed.