Windows 10 - Quicken 2017 "QuickenWindow" has stopped working.

Steven Brown
Steven Brown Member ✭✭
Long time user. Program suddenly will not open. Get this pop up: "QuickenWindow has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".
I could not find a solution researching and did try to restart and uninstall and reinstall the program to no avail. Please looking for help thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Steven Brown
    Steven Brown Member ✭✭
    Greg the path for this desktop is the c drive local disk internal hard drive.

I backup on my Seagate portable hard drive via usb often. That is always plugged into and ready to back up automatically.

I use onedrive but not for backup

Hope this helps answers your questions? Thanks
  • Steven Brown
    Steven Brown Member ✭✭
    No I got home late and did read about this QCleanUI but was tired so took the easy path. I shall try it tonight using this method. Thanks for the link
  • Steven Brown
    Steven Brown Member ✭✭
    The cleanui worked thanks everyone for the quick response! No more problems.
This discussion has been closed.