BMO Bank of Montreal error OL-221-A - QWin (updated title)

124»

Answers

• Anyone having problems with Bank of Montreal mutual funds not updating in Quicken. This problem has started on Nov 6 2019.
  • rogerlavrogerlav Member
    Here is the answer I received directly from Bank of Montreal, It solved the problem until they can fix it permanently:

Thank you for contacting BMO Bank of Montreal.
    I'm sorry for the inconvenience that was caused by this technical issue.
    We are indeed aware of the issue and are working on a resolution.
    As a workaround in the interim, please follow these steps:

1. Download the QFX file.
    2. Right click on the file and open it with a notepad.
    3. Scroll down to the very bottom of the file. You will be able to see that the file is ended with a "<" without the quotes.
    4. Replace "<" with </OFX> without the quotes.
    5. Save the file and close the notepad
    6. Upload the saved file.

I hope the information I have provided with regards to downloading your account details is helpful and thank you for your continued patience while we work towards a resolution.

Hope this helps.
  • Bob AwreyBob Awrey Member ✭✭
    Would help if one knew how to 'upload' a file!! BMO is dragging its feet on this issue:((((
  • rogerlavrogerlav Member
    Once you save the file after making the required change, just double click on it and it will open in Quicken.
  • may0528may0528 Member
    edited November 2019
    (Removed- Duplicate Commenting)
  • ScorpteqScorpteq Member ✭✭
    Quicken - Starter edition (Canada) . Version: R22.14 . Build: 27.1.22.14 . BMO bank, with connection method "Web Connect". On Windows 10 Home.
  • MSZ1962MSZ1962 Member
    When downloading from the BMO site, I am getting an error "Quicken is unable to complete your request [OL-221-A]. Does anyone know of a work around?
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Someone earlier asked if a user that was getting the OL-221-A error was logged in properly in the Quicken program.
    The suggested solution as to go to Edit->Preferences->Quicken ID to make sure that it shows Quicken Id, email and other info.
    If it doesn't, click on "sign in as a different user" using your normal Quicken Id and then the download again.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• MSZ1962MSZ1962 Member
    Thanks for the tip. My id, email and other info is correct.
  • ulinergulinerg Member ✭✭
    > @MSZ1962 said:
    > When downloading from the BMO site, I am getting an error "Quicken is unable to complete your request [OL-221-A]. Does anyone know of a work around?
    If you go back up on the topic you will find a workaround.
  • KPBKPB Member
    Any update on this? Tried again today and still getting the message on BMO downloads. I tried that fix but not a programmer so added the line to the end but Quicken still wouldn't open it
  • dc600dc600 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the advice maple_leafs_67
    Frustrating that the bank does not correct this..and that Quicken is not more proactive with the financial institutions
  • drubindrubin Member
    Since last update no longer able to download from Bank of Montreal / Mastercard. Either Quicken just doesn't recognize accounts for downloading or I get error message : Quicken is unable to complete your request [OL-221-A]

Is there any known problem with Bank of Montreal servers ?
  • leoplunkettleoplunkett Member ✭✭
    Yes I am thinking of just cancelling my renewal and putting my transactions in manually. Maybe Quicken will do something then.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Scorpteq

Thank you for that additional information, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

If you haven't already, please review the information and work-around available here for the OL-221-A error when importing a downloaded Web Connect file from BMO.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • melchermelcher Member
    Just after the last update (22.11 build 27.1.22.11), I received OL-221-A error messages when downloading BMO bank accounts (unable to complete your request). Download of BMO credit card accounts works fine. Is anyone else having this problem? I called BMO because that's what the error message tells me to do, but they say they don't support Quicken. So, before I escalate, I'd like to know if anyone else is getting the same thing.
    FYI I'm running Quicken Deluxe subscription for Windows. I just applied the latest release R22.14 build 27.1.22.14 (same problem though).
  • As of Saturday, November 23rd, 7:30 a.m. it appears to be fixed. I just did a download from Quicken and no problem.
  • leoplunkettleoplunkett Member ✭✭
    melcher I only had my checking account red flagged and wouldn't work so I Simply made sure I made a backup of my files, printed out my Manage Bills and Income Reminders list because they will have to be put back in again, then I deleted my EXISTING CHECKING ACCOUNT then I went tools menu added a new CHECKING ACCOUNT selected my bank then selected one step updated and the new checking account was updated but it only downloaded info from 27/08/2019. sure hope that it works for you
  • Bob AwreyBob Awrey Member ✭✭
    I'm a happy dude. FINALLY fixed for my needs: let's hope it's stable!!!!!
  • dc600dc600 Member ✭✭
    Good to see that this is corrected. Now, if only they would fix the mutual fund prices.
This discussion has been closed.