Show Cash in Securities Accounts in Cash and Bank Accounts section of the Net Worth Report?

rbw1
rbw1 Member
edited November 2019 in Reports (Windows)
Is there a way to create an option in the existing Net Worth report to allow for cash (and near cash) held in securities accounts to be reported within the Cash and Bank Accounts account section of that report? That would provide a truer picture of liquidity.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Net Worth report is organized by account type so I don't think it would make sense to show the cash and money market securities to that section of the report. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • rbw1
    rbw1 Member
    Fair point, but cash held in bank accounts is the same as cash held in securities accounts. Keeping account types pure would be the reason to make it an option, rather than a hard-wired change to the Net Worth report. Making the choice could help reduce confusion, as could three-line reporting of the securities account balance (Gross, cash, net) in the Investments section of the report if that option is selected.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I mentioned in the other post on this topic, Quicken does let you set up linked checking accounts for your investing accounts so that the cash is shown as one of your banking accounts. It's up to you whether you want to set your accounts up this way.

If there were a change to Quicken's reports, I would have them make the change to the Asset Allocation report by allowing that report to include non-investing accounts.
    QWin Premier subscription