Error Message OL-221-A from Synchrony Bank (updated title)

lorir12
lorir12 Member
I am still getting error message when importing .QFX file that I exported manually from Synchrony Bank. I also tried earlier this week. I am getting Error Message OL-221-A. I have been downloading from the site for 6 months with no errors. I am on Quicken 2017, latest version R19.7.

Comments

• Brent Meyers
    Brent Meyers Member ✭✭✭
    Synchrony updated their servers on 11/03/2019, I was able to download my account information on 11/04/2019 @ 7:00 AM. Seems that Quicken and Synchrony are talking again.
  • lorir12
    lorir12 Member
    I tried again to download from their site and still getting the same error message @ 7:20 and tried a second download at 7:26 too. I am importing the same way I always have.
  • gary
    gary Member ✭✭
    Have talked with Synchrony Bank. They have stopped supporting Quicken and other third-party apps due to security concerns. I have requested they support downloads of transactions and balances only, no initiation of transactions from Quicken. I also withdrew a substantial sum from my savings there and moved to another bank. Suggest others due the same thing and maybe they'll get the message. Doesn't appear to have affected Quicken downloads of branded credit cards, only bank accounts.
  • Allen106
    Allen106 Member ✭✭
    I have once again been able to link to my Synchrony savings account and download transactions from both my accounts.
  • AnnieOne
    AnnieOne Member ✭✭✭
    I also spoke with Synchrony and was told the same thing, and then a week or so ago, I was able to link through Synchrony Bank Credit Cards, and even though I don't have a credit card through them, I'm now able to download Savings transactions.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still needing help with OL-221-A error please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If you are using Web Connect or Direct Connect you will need to contact your financial institution to resolve this issue.

To confirm the connection type navigate to Tools > Account List, find the affected account(s), and confirm the connection type in parentheses in the Transaction Download column. 

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • gulger99
    gulger99 Member ✭✭
    11/10 - I was able to re-link my account and download transactions. I had already disabled online services before I checked the forums here. So this method is working if you're still having problems.
  • gdrozm
    gdrozm Member ✭✭
    Error received exporting data from Synchrony-based Amazon store card account. Data is exported using the Quicken format. In Quicken the File Import option results in an error message...unable to complete request [OL-221-A]. This error just began at the end of last week.
  • Koby842
    Koby842 Member ✭✭
    I am also encountering this issue. Dont know why its hapenning.
  • gdrozm
    gdrozm Member ✭✭
    Foiiow-up to Synchrony Amazon-based store card export OL-221-B error. Talked with rep. Indicated the following...Our technical team is working on this to resolve the issue at the earliest.
  • gary
    gary Member ✭✭
    I getting CC-502 on Talbots credit card.
  • gdrozm
    gdrozm Member ✭✭
    As of this morning the File Import error (OL-221-A) I had been receiving when loading the QFX file exported from the Synchrony-based Amazon Store Card has been resolved.
  • Fred Idtse
    Fred Idtse Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I have had no problems downloading transactions from Synchrony Bank until yesterday. I get message "unable to complete your request OL-221-A" Synchrony says there is no problem from their end
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.