unable to back-up to a DVD+RW that I have been using before.

Options
I can use files on the disk and i can write to the disk with file explorer. I can backup to a USB device. I formatted a new disk and could not use it for back up. Get the error message unable to use CD.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't have a solution, but I am wondering, do you use multiple DVD+RW discs and rotate between them?
    If not, you do realize what happens if it goes bad, ALL of your recent backups are gone.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• LowellGray
    LowellGray Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am retired from IBM programming development for 30 years and i still don't trust computers. I back up to the DVD and a USB memory stick. I just backed the data to a CD-R and it worked fine. But when i did it to a new DVD-RW i got the same old message "Quicken cannot back up to this CD" I can restore a file from my regular DVD-RW/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Once again, not an answer, but I wonder if it is a difference between the pluses and minuses (in the DVD type) and the way that Quicken reacts to them?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• LowellGray
    LowellGray Member ✭✭
    Options
    My main point is that i have been using the disk for at least 3 years. If something is wrong with the disk then the problem should go away with a new disk. If there is something wrong with the drive the problem should stay,
  • GeorgeD
    GeorgeD Member
    Options
    Here's what worked for me. I did not pre-format the DVD-R. I put it in the drive as it is right out of the box and ran the backup in Quicken. Backed up without a problem. When I pre-formatted the DVD I got the "cannot backup to this cd" message.
This discussion has been closed.