Home Quicken Mobile Errors and Troubleshooting (Mobile)

Issue with viewing Investment Accounts/Securities in the Mobile App (updated title)

DougADougA Member
My mobile app is only showing the cash balances within the investment accounts It is not identifying any of the individual security holdings within the account.
Syncing to Quicken canada subscription

Best Answers

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited December 2019 Accepted Answer
    Hello @DougA
    Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you are still unable to view the holdings in the mobile app.

I have successfully updated to R22.15 and I am able to view the holdings in the mobile app.

If you haven't already, I would start by resetting the cloud and signing out and back into the mobile app.

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon Troubleshooting Issues with the Quicken Mobile App in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID.
    Let me know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka

Answers

• DougADougA Member
    I am using the Canadian app. Until about 2 weeks ago I was able to sync all the $Cdn securities.
    Right now when I open the investments portion, I see all of the tabs. However, my app is showing all my accounts, but within each account it is only showing the cash balances and none of the individual securities. Similarly on the home page the balance of my investments is only the aggregate of the cash balances.
    I am not sure what has changed to stop it working properly for $Cdn securities. It did not work in the past for $US which I understand is a feature that is still not available.
  • aharteryahartery Member
    I too am using the Canadian app, I even reset my cloud data as securities I was adding were not appearing on the mobile app (Cdn securities) . I can't see any securities, I now can only see cash balances in my accounts. In fact the watchlist and security lists are empty. The account tab indicates the accounts and cash balances but says "0" holdings.
  • pdjubepdjube Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Unable to synch Investment Accounts to Quicken Mobile Cloud. Basically, the synch process completes and then most of my investment account and investment securities do not get transferred to the cloud. It seems like this problem started about 2 months ago (I think there was a forced software upgrade during this time).
    Hello @pdjube

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to help me better understand what could be happening.

When you navigate to the Investing portion of the mobile app, do you see any information about your holdings on any of the tabs below? Or is it only missing when selecting the account and viewing the holdings?

Have you received any sync errors or messages?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka 
    -Quicken Tyka
  • pdjubepdjube Member ✭✭
    None of my securities are being transferred to my mobile account only my cash balances are
    Thank you for the response.

Are the investment accounts all in CAD or USD or a combination of both? 

https://www.quicken.com/support/can-i-sync-multiple-currency-accounts-quicken-mobile

If you are using the Canadian version with the Canadian mobile app, this can only sync currencies in CAD as multiple currencies are not supported by the mobile app at this time.

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • dc600dc600 Member ✭✭
    I would like to reopen this discussion about securities in the Quicken Canada product. As indicated by others, only cash balances are now displayed. The "accepted answer" did not address this.
  • Gautam TupilGautam Tupil Member ✭✭
    I had to recently reset my cloud account. After resetting it, I noticed that all my accounts transactions and budgets were fine in the mobile app but my investing accounts all appeared in the mobile app but showing up as "Zero" for each account except for cash balances. No mutual funds or securities information shows up. Tried resetting and re-synching it but no success. Any fixes for this?? Running version: Quicken Canada desktop: R22.14 Build: 27.1.22.14 Quicken mobile: 5.17.0 (16696)
  • pdjubepdjube Member ✭✭
    All securities are in CAD
    To add to my earlier post: I followed all the 101 troubleshooting steps to super validate my file and resync my cloud account. No success. All the investing accounts show up but with either zero or just the cash balances. No mutual funds or securities information.
  • dc600dc600 Member ✭✭
    Do we have any update as to why securities are not being synched in the Canadian program?
    I have the same issue. It was working fine prior to November 15 or so. I had to reset my cloud account and after this all the investing accounts now show either zero or cash balances only with no securities information. Tried to reset my cloud account several times but the same issue persists.
    edited December 2019
    Hello @dc600
    Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community with your question, although I apologize that you didn't find a resolution.

I have gone ahead and reopened the previous discussion and moved your comment.

I created a new file in the Canadian version and added a handful of securities.

When I sign into the mobile app I do not see the holdings listed. I do not have a cash balance because I have the holdings as a test.

As I am able to recreate this issue, I will go ahead and report this problem and will follow up when I receive some more information.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited December 2019
    Hello all,
    Thank you for your patience, this is indeed a bug has been reported and will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

If you would like to be notified of any updates, please bookmark the thread by clicking the yellow star in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

QWC-1108
    -Quicken Tyka
  • DougADougA Member
    Thank you Tyka. All my cash balances are updating, but as you experienced, the securities are not being displayed
    Have you any idea when the patch may be ready?
  • jhvanderjhvander Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. Any update on when this will be fixed?
  • DougADougA Member
    i updated for the patch this morning, but it still does not appear to be syncing properly
    edited December 2019 Accepted Answer
    Hello @DougA
    Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you are still unable to view the holdings in the mobile app.

I have successfully updated to R22.15 and I am able to view the holdings in the mobile app.

If you haven't already, I would start by resetting the cloud and signing out and back into the mobile app.

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon Troubleshooting Issues with the Quicken Mobile App in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID.
    Let me know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • DougADougA Member
    It's a miracle!!!! Thanks for all your help
  • Claude BlouinClaude Blouin Member ✭✭✭
    I think today's patch (R22.15) will resolve the issue.
    Release note is the following:
    "Fixed: An issue in which investment holdings and watch list items created in the desktop application did not appear in the mobile application."
  • soulam3soulam3 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem with Investment accounts no longer appearing on the mobile app. I use US$. I just checked and see that there are no updates available. My system says I have version R23 17. So if the patches are in order, 22.15 did not fix the problem.
    Updated Quicken Canada to R22.15. Investment Section of mobile Quicken now shows securities and watch list information correctly. However, Investment account information does not show up correctly and the app tries to refresh the information continuously (spinning circle)
  • Steven BartlettSteven Bartlett Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    When I open the Mobile App and select the Investments and try to look at the Account Tab nothing shows up anymore. Why?

• RobertRobert Member ✭✭
    Same with mine......no accounts under account tab in investments on mobile.
  • I tried resetting the cloud data and signing out of and signing back into the app. Didn't work. It's been about a week since this started.
  • Same problem here but in 🇺🇸 account.
  • I've used Quicken for over a decade, and have used the app ever since it was made available.
    But this behavior just started. The investments account list shows no accounts - not even one.

If I toggle to Securities, it comes within a few thousand dollars of the actual account in Windows. I've grown accustomed to the mobile app showing the wrong amount for some of the investment accounts list, and learned how to change data in the PC app so the mobile app lines up. For some reason, Fidelity to Quicken creates the occasional extra and false entries when it decides to create the same sell transaction for two securities - one of which I don't own, and I have to delete the false one. The windows version shows the correct amount for some reason, so I've used the app to point me to the one that is wrong.

But now under Investments=>Accounts, it shows zero accounts, but the total at the top matches the incorrect amount on the securities list. I've deleted and re-added the app, and re-synched. Without the list, it's difficult to determine which account has false entries that affect totals only on the mobile app.

Anybody know how to coax the mobile app into actually displaying the list of investment accounts?
    > @Gautam Tupil said:
    > Updated Quicken Canada to R22.15. Investment Section of mobile Quicken now shows securities and watch list information correctly. However, Investment account information does not show up correctly and the app tries to refresh the information continuously (spinning circle)

Further to my earlier post - I noticed that the Quicken Web app accurately reflects the Investment Account Information. So, it appears that Mobile Quicken has a glitch in transferring this information.
  • jimmarmcjimmarmc Member
    Exact description of my recent experience, starting in the last 10 days. Thanks for any suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.