Home Alerts & Known Product Issues

When reconciling, the Category cannot be changed in the "Reconcile Details" popup (edited)

Roland J BuntenRoland J Bunten Member ✭✭
When I Reconcile an account and the interest being posted goes into a different category then the category showing as the default in the "Category" drop down window. I drop the list down and select the proper category (which already exists). Then it asks me if I want to create a NEW category, rather than using the one I selected. If I answer NO, it returns to the default value. I haven't tried answering YES, as I don't want a new Category created.

It should just use the Category I selected and get on with it.

I've been just changing the category when I get back to the register. But sometimes I forget.

I've just downloaded the latest version and there isn't a fix.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• UKR, Yep mine is the SAME problem. I just took the time to closely read the "New Category" popup.

The interesting thing is what led to the problem was putting the interest in a sub-category, thus increasing the length of overall category name.

I guess that it is time to wait for Quicken to fix the problem.

Thanks
  • I'll give that a try next month.
    I assume it will hold the Category the following month and I won't have to use the drop down box that is causing the problem. Maybe that is why no one as fixed the problem. :-)
    Once I do that, then I wouldn't need the DDL until I changed the Category and made it even longer.

Thanks
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I just heard back from the Community Moderator, Sarah, that they have sent a ticket up to the Development team, to fix this bug.
    Until then, please use only categories or category:subcategory combinations where the category name fits into the fields without truncation.

(edited to include ticket)
    CTP - 435

This discussion has been closed.