Identity question from [email protected]

I cancelled my old Quicken Bill Pay account, and opened a new one. They tell me my account is in "pending" status, and now 6 weeks after opening I received an email requesting: My SSN, a utility bill, a voided check, and a copy of my drivers license all sent to an email address! There is no way I would provide this information over the internet.

Has anyone else received such a request?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Bhamiliton,

Thank you for taking the time to report your concern to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The email that you have received from Quicken Bill Pay is a legitimate request and is an attempt to verify your identity to ensure that no fraudulent activity occurs on your accounts.

https://www.quicken.com/support/i-received-email-quicken-bill-pay-verify-my-identity-email-request-legitimate

The email does give the option of providing the requested items by mail or fax, once these items have been requested to verify the identity a Quicken Bill Pay account may not be established until your identity has been verified.

I hope this clarifies.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
This discussion has been closed.