Some credit union checking account transactions don't appear in register

All transactions were successfully downloading, until the transactions for a scheduled transfer into my checking account stopped appearing. Then, transactions from a service provider who bills regularly stopped showing up. Other transactions still load fine

A manual export from the credit union website produces a file with all the transactions there and nothing obviously wrong or missing.

I found a post where it said to do a few things, which I tried but can't find the post again. I was trying to log in to see if I could bookmark it somehow when GetSatisfaction made me change my password and I lost the post. Would appreciate any ideas.

Best Answer

Answers

• pnwoldiepnwoldie Member ✭✭
    To follow up on this, I did have a long session with Quicken Support. It looks like the file is corrupted, so my plan is to start a new data file the first of the year after manually entering the missing transactions until then. It won't be the first time I've lost history due to a corrupted file in the last several decades. They don't seem to last more than a couple years.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    pnwoldie said:
    To follow up on this, I did have a long session with Quicken Support. It looks like the file is corrupted, so my plan is to start a new data file the first of the year after manually entering the missing transactions until then. It won't be the first time I've lost history due to a corrupted file in the last several decades. They don't seem to last more than a couple years.
    Hmmm ... I must be doing something wrong then. My current data file has lasted for many years, without losing its marbles.
    Have you performed the file maintenance actions in Step (2) of this article, in the order described?

Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

That process, Copy, then Validate, then Supervalidate, has fixed many broken files. But it can't fix what it isn't programmed to look for, so it may not be the cure-all for what's wrong in your file. Please try it and let us know the outcome.