Status column settings in Manage Bill & Income reminders Quicken 2019 Premier

The status column in Manage Bills and Income has "Upcoming" status indicated for every future transaction. Far as I can tell this goes on forever. (I checked four years into the future and they all indicate "Upcoming". )

In Quicken Premier 2011 the "Upcoming" status was only indicated if I set it to be notified by "X" number of days in advance.

I find this to be counter-productive and even annoying.

Please tell me how to get rid of "Upcomiong" status unless I want it to provide that indication.

What other information is required to address my issue?

I appreciate any help I can get.

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the All Bills & Deposits tab, each reminder only appears once.   If you only want to view the reminders due in a number of days, I suggest you use another view. For example, the Bill, Income and Transfers view on the Bill & Income tab, allows us to specify 7, 14, 30, 90 days (or 12 months) when we select Due Date in the view's first pull-down menu.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • dmaas1dmaas1 Member ✭✭
    I see what you are explaining but, that is not what the issue I'm having and it does not address the issue I tried to present.

I'll try again.

On my home page I used the Customize tab to add "Bills and Income Reminders", "Watch List", and a couple more items to my home page.

On the Bill and Income Reminders display are seven columns in the following order:
    Status - PDF - Due - Pay To/Receive From - Linked to Biller - Amount - Action

In the first column the "Status" for every item not marked paid or due is "Upcoming".

The bills and reminders are displayed by month. Bills that are not due which I have not set a reminder for are showing this "Upcoming" status.

The edits that are supposed to change the status indicator do not work. I changed reminders to 6 days, 15 days and even 0 days, which is the default.

Nothing I have tried changes/removes the reminder.

I just upgraded from Quicken Premier 2011. The very same display only displayed a status of Upcoming IF I set the reminder to something greater than zero.

I appreciate that you are trying to help me.

I think this is a program problem.
    dmaas1 said:
    I see what you are explaining but, that is not what the issue I'm having and it does not address the issue I tried to present.

I'll try again.

On my home page I used the Customize tab to add "Bills and Income Reminders", "Watch List", and a couple more items to my home page.

On the Bill and Income Reminders display are seven columns in the following order:
    Status - PDF - Due - Pay To/Receive From - Linked to Biller - Amount - Action

In the first column the "Status" for every item not marked paid or due is "Upcoming".

The bills and reminders are displayed by month. Bills that are not due which I have not set a reminder for are showing this "Upcoming" status.

The edits that are supposed to change the status indicator do not work. I changed reminders to 6 days, 15 days and even 0 days, which is the default.

Nothing I have tried changes/removes the reminder.

I just upgraded from Quicken Premier 2011. The very same display only displayed a status of Upcoming IF I set the reminder to something greater than zero.

I appreciate that you are trying to help me.

I think this is a program problem.

I suspect they may be Online Bills.  If you haven't already, I suggest you review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-online-bills-quicken
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • dmaas1dmaas1 Member ✭✭
    Sorry, that does not address the issue.

I simply don't want to see "Upcoming" in the status column of "Bill and Income Reminders".

In quicken 2011 I could set the Remind me x days in advance to 0 and the status column would be blank until the due date. That feature is not working in Quicken 2019.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you experimented with the settings available in the "Show [...] pulldown?
    It shows the reminders that are coming up in [xx] days, based on your "remind me ..." settings.
    This is the setting which I always use.
    dmaas1 said:
    Sorry, that does not address the issue.

I simply don't want to see "Upcoming" in the status column of "Bill and Income Reminders".

In quicken 2011 I could set the Remind me x days in advance to 0 and the status column would be blank until the due date. That feature is not working in Quicken 2019.
    If you do not want to see Upcoming reminders, I suggest you choose Due Now instead of All - By month in the pull-down menu.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • dmaas1dmaas1 Member ✭✭
    OK. Now I see you understand what I am getting at, at least.

I changed the setting as you suggested and didn't get the results I expected.

I like to see the activity for the entire month, but I don't want to see everything showing as upcoming if I have not told Quicken when to indicate upcoming.

Again, in Quicken Premier 2011 I could change a notification to upcoming by a certain number of days. For example remind me 3 days in advance of due date. Then 3 days before an entry is due Upcoming would appear in the status column. If I left notification to 0 the status field was blank until Due popped up.

Quicken 2019 has the same feature that allows me to set a notification date but, it does not work. I can look at bill and income reminders as far into the future as I want (for example January of 2022) and everything has a status of upcoming.

I don't think there is a user solution to this issue. I believe it it a programming issue. Who do I contact for programing issues?

I really appreciate your patience for sticking with me on this issue.
  • dmaas1dmaas1 Member ✭✭
    I found a number for tech support and explained my issue with them.

As I suspected, this is the way Quicken Premier 2019 was programed.

I will follow Tech Supports suggestion and share this issue with development.

Thank you for your help.
This discussion has been closed.