How do you turn off auto tagging? (Q Mac)

I use tags to tie expenses to expense report numbers, so new transactions must not inherit old tags. In other words, I only want to use tagging manually (which seems like the purpose of tagging generally). How can I turn off auto tagging of new and downloaded transactions?

Best Answer

Answers

• dadzilladadzilla Member
    Thanks for your quick answer! Hopefully the new functionality will also allow us to prevent memorization - I would prefer to have nothing auto populate except what is contained in the transaction as received from my bank.
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of what makes this more complicated than you'd think is that we all use Quicken differently; for every user like you would would like no auto-fill, there are other users who want Quicken to auto-fill everything intelligently -- and some who want some things auto-filled and not others, or only under certain conditions.l Trying to craft solutions that allow everyone to use Quicken the way they want it to work isn't as easy as it might seem. Hopefully this next set of changes will make it more flexible.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993