Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken window moves on screen randomly

I recently updated from Q17 on W7Ultimate to Q20. Current version is 23.14. Since I upgraded, the Q window jumps left and right somewhat randomly. I see it happen when I'm in another program and click into Q and occasionally when I click on a different account in Q. This never happened in Q17. I have not installed any new hardware or software recently and this is the only program where it happens.
Any ideas about how to tame this?

Comments

• I wish I had an answer for you. I'm also seeing this on occassion. Do you run with 2 monitors? I was thinking this might be my issue.
  • George4
    George4 Member ✭✭
    @philmont1999 - No, Just one monitor - a very conventional configuration.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @George

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

Does this behavior happen only when moving between Quicken and other programs/apps?  Or does it happen when only Quicken is open as well?

If so, does it occur when moving between the applications or the entire time multiple apps are open?

If when moving between the applications, are you using a keyboard command, the mouse or a touchscreen to change the windows?

Alternatively you may wish to contact Quicken Support for further assistance troubleshooting this behavior, Support has the ability to share your screen (view only, they cannot take control) to see what is happening and troubleshoot in real time.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • George4
    George4 Member ✭✭
    I've watched it over the past day and it looks like it is only when moving between applications (primarily Chrome, I'm not sure about others) and Quicken. I'll keep watching and reply if I see it happen while I'm solely in Quicken.
    I use a mouse. I'll try kb commands, too, and see if it happens.
    Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your help.