Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Display issues after 19.44 update

I'm still having the display issue noted in:
https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854859/display-issues-after-19-44-update
(the two screenshots I posted). Now running 2020 R23.14.

I can get the window to repaint properly if I grab the edge of the "window" (the 1/2" by 2" titlebar) and adjust the size - even by just one pixel. This happens almost every time I minimize/restore Quicken (so I can work with another app).

And this is not the "June 4 Community Announcement" issue...

Can the earlier thread be reopened until the issue is resolved?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Font size problems? Display issues? (Windows)

If you are using a version of Quicken at the Quicken 2019 US R 19.44 patch level or newer and you have previously made the following Compatibility change, please undo the change.
    Users of older Quicken versions please try the following:

• Close Quicken !!! (This process won't work while Quicken is running!)
    • Check the Compatibility tab settings in your Quicken Desktop program icon:
    • In the Windows Start Menu right-click the Quicken icon. Select "Open File Location". This brings up a Windows File Explorer window. Right-click the highlighted Quicken shortcut line item.
      or
    • Go to the traditional Windows Desktop and right-click the Quicken program icon.
    • Now click Properties.
    • Select the Compatibility tab.
    • Uncheck all settings.
    • Windows 7, 8.1: Check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". 
      Windows 10:  Check "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" and select "Application"  (also try the other available options!)
    • Be sure to uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode for [older Windows version]" setting.
    • Click the "Change settings for all users" button.
    • Click Apply and exit.
    • Now start Quicken and see if that makes a difference.

Some additional tuning suggestions:

• Unless absolutely required, try not to use "View / Use large fonts"
    • Try setting the bank account registers to use a different font style or size: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, click the Fonts button and try different fonts.
    • Try adjusting the bank account registers' row height: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, choose among the available Row Height choices: Compact, Comfortable or Standard
    • If all else fails, try changing Windows Control Panel / Display options for "Make text and other items … smaller or larger" to use a different scaling level.

• I am still having the same problem first discussed in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854859/display-issues-after-19-44-update with the two screenshots posted. I have upgraded to every single release and the issue has never been fixed. I am currently running 2020R23.21 Build 27.1.23.21.

I suspect the issue is that I don't run Quicken Maximized but instead have it take up about 80% of the width and 95% of the height. Maximizing some other window on top will usually cause Quicken to be repainted properly - at least when the first screenshot is the issue. When the second screenshot is the issue, then grabbing the window outline and making Quicken one pixel taller or smaller gets the toolbar/titlebar to paint correctly.

Any chance of getting this addressed? Been waiting quite a while.

And really annoying that the two threads I've opened on this subject keep getting closed even though the issue isn't resolved. Feels like the IT helpdesk at work where their goal is to not have open tickets (when the goal should be to solve people's issues)...
  • Just updated to 2020R24.11 and the problem still persists...