One transaction is throwing my entire account system off.

It is a $31 transaction that transfer that amount from primary to make a payment. When the reconcile window pops up and it has it clearing, I am -$31 when I delete the transaction I am clear and it is across my entire system.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Are you making that payment to another account, say a credit card or a loan. OR is it going to a vendor of some sort?
    Also, what does "I am clear and it is across my entire system" mean???

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Chuck88
    Chuck88 Member ✭✭
    Iam transfering funds from my primary account to a credit line at the bank.
  • Chuck88
    Chuck88 Member ✭✭
    Iam trying to transfer funds from my primary to a credit line at the bank. I put the account receiving the money in the to field and Im $31 negative on my account in quicken.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons possibly beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• Chuck88
    Chuck88 Member ✭✭
    Date Check # Payee Memo Category Payment Clr Deposit Amount Balance
    11/6/2019 Audio Xfr Dep From SCRUGGS,TAMMY L XXXXXXXXXX [xxxxxx8112 L03 Line of Credit] 31.00 c -31.00 92.25

Date Payee Memo Category Charge Clr Payment Amount Balance
    11/6/2019 Audio Xfr Ln To FEEMSTER,CHARLES XXXXXXXXXX S 31.00 R -31.00 -876.99

When I try and reconcile the results is -31 in my primary account but the transaction clears.
This discussion has been closed.