Why is Quicken 2017 Home & Business losing transactions?

I routinely lose transactions I've entered, which puts me at risk of over-drafting my accounts, since the balance is inaccurate. I know I am entering them, as I keep a backup spreadsheet record. Go back later--they're gone. This lack of reliability is about to send me elsewhere. Anyone with any thoughts or, better yet, fixes?

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup? Also, are you syncing to Quicken Mobile?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • My active Quicken file is on a local drive, in a first-level folder. I do not put data on OneDrive or any cloud storage. I do not sync to Quicken Mobile, although I get periodic messages that it would be nice if I did. I keep everything very local. I do not manually save the file, as I thought Quicken updated the database with every entry. Entries I lose are there when I input, and I only notice them lost when I go to pay the next monthly bill or do a manual reconciliation weeks later...