how to add a payment reminder

clicking on tools/manage bill and income reminders and then clicking "add" only gives me the option to add a bill, income or transfer reminder not a payment -- clicking on "bills" displays options online or manual bill.. can anyone help

Best Answer

Answers

• ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15
    What exactly do you want to do ?
    The Payment Reminder is an entry in the overall Billing & Income Reminders List -
    It can also cause a line item to appear in the Register of the payment account, which you can then manually "enter" when you actually pay the bill.
    It can also be part of the "online bill payment" feature, and "send" the payment via your online banking bill payment account.
    I use both the manual Bill Payment along with the Online Bill Payment - via Chase
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • serenadickserenadick Member
    :) Thanks for your response. It doesn't exactly answer my question. I have multiple automatic reminders pop up when I open quicken to an account and they are due, as per my Bill and Income reminders list. When I display that list (tools/manage bill and income reminders) and click on "add," the dropdown shows only "bill/income reminder/transfer reminder." The latter 2 are not applicable. When I select "bill," I get "online bill" or "manual bill." Neither seems to be relevant.

So how do I add a "payment" reminder?

Serena
    ///
  • chitownhockeychitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    Payment to whom?
    It's not a payment; it's a payment reminder.

I already have a dozen or so payment reminders set up automatically -- Con Ed, phone, cable tv, etc. All of these entities have the authority to charge directly to my AMEX account or my checking account. I just need the reminders so I enter the payments into the appropriate Quicken account at the time these charges come through from these vendors.

I want to add MOMA to that list for annual membership dues that they have been authorized to charge directly to my AMEX account.

I hope that clarifies the issue.

Thanks,
    Serena
    Thanks so much. That's the one option I didn't try for some reason.

But that's it!!

Appreciate your patience, thoroughness, and helpfulness.

Serena
    ////
This discussion has been closed.