How do I set up a payment on a particular weekday of each month.

For instance, I have income from Social Security paid on the second Wednesday of the month. I used to be able to set it up that way. Now, I can only do it for a particular day of the month, so I have to correct the date every month.

Best Answer

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    For a good time, hold SHIFT while clicking “Edit this instance and all future instances”. This brings up an entirely different dialog for editing reminders, with all the options visible simultaneously.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win7 Pro & Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16
    This may be the most Frequently Asked Question of all time. A search would have found it instantly.

But I'm in a good mood, so I'll show you.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win7 Pro & Win10 Pro.
  • marty.boninmarty.bonin Member ✭✭
    I never get that option any more.
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll wager if you select a day count that puts the day of the week desired, you will see the same option. As in select 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Quicken knows not to offer the day of the week when 20th is selected.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
    Sorry to discourage you, but I never get the option to select a day in the block you highlighted, only a number, and the the last drop down only has "Day" in it, no days of the week. I guess I could uninstall Quicken and reinstall a fresh copy.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this post's screen capture, do you see the field shaded green in the highlighted area?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20042983/#Comment_20042983

That is the key field. Select 1, 2, 3, or 4 for that field. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
    D'Oh, got it now., and it worked. Thanks to all who participated. I do remember it being a bit m,ore obvious under the older versions of Quicken, before the subscripted version .
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    For a good time, hold SHIFT while clicking “Edit this instance and all future instances”. This brings up an entirely different dialog for editing reminders, with all the options visible simultaneously.
    Thanks, Rocket!