Capital One Reauthorization

When updating a Capital One savings account, I receive a prompt to reauthorize. If I click the Reauthorize button, Quicken freezes. I've been updating this account for years, but the problem started happening within the past couple of weeks.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rtwebber20

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you haven't already, I would recommend deactivating each Capital One account in Quicken (https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account).

Once deactivated, close and re-open Quicken to force the changes to be saved and then go to the Tools menu > Add Account and follow the wizard to reactivate and reauthorize the accounts.

Please be aware that if you hold accounts with multiple Capital One instances, i.e. Capital One Card Service, Capital One 360, Capital One Bank, etc, this process must be completed for each instance of Capital One, ensuring that all accounts are selected for authorization each time. 

I hope this information is helpful and please let the Community know if there are further questions/concerns that we may assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • I tried your suggestion with the same user name and password that I use to sign on to Capital One's website and I received the following message:

We're sorry, we hit a snag.

Looks like something went wrong, but we're working on it
    Give it another try in a bit.

I tried again several times and received the same error message.
  • I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried the suggestion above but no progress.