Sync errors with several banks/institutions

Hi, I have been getting sync errors with Capital One Bank, Capital One Credit Card, Amazon Store Card and Fidelity Visa card (Elan Financial services) for the last week - there is no error code - just gives a message about sync error and "(it is not your fault)". I have tried to setup online access multiple times and it has consistently failed. I have many other financial institutions also to sync and those go through without issues.
I would appreciate any support you can provide. Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted in the Community home page near the top, there are several Alerts and Announcements about transaction download issues with Synchrony, Comenity and other banks. Have you read those posts?

In case of transaction download problems

Please provide more details.

What version and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

• svg68svg68 Member
    Quicken Version: 2020, R23.14, Build 27.1.23.14. Version is current with all updates applied.
    Windows: Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, Build 18363.476
    I got a sync error with multiple banks. All of them were working well, except for Amazon Store card which required me to type in the password periodically and never seemed to get saved in the password vault. There is no error code. Just a message "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)".
    Banks: Capital One Bank - checking and savings, Capital One credit card, Amazon Store Card, Fidelity Visa Card.
    All were working well (except Amazon store as described above) with One Step Update. About week/10 days ago, I got these errors. This is on my desktop. I don't use the mobile app or Quicken on the Web.
    I tried sync for a couple of days after I got the original error message. When I saw no improvement, I disconnect the online services for the above banks. Then, every time I tried to setup online access - I get the same error message. I have also done the 'Start Over' online setup for the problem accounts multiple times. I have never received an error code - just the 'it's not your fault' message.