Comenity Bank Re: SonyVisa

2»

Answers

• jumpnowjumpnow Member ✭✭
    Looks like there are three separate issues being discussed in this thread:

1. Comenity Sony Visa card not listed on the Quicken One Step Update Available Financial Institutions List or 'FI List'.

2. The '502' Connection Error

3. 'How to ' change account connected financial institutions.

This thread started on November 11 with the first question clearly stated by @David Rodriguera noting that Comenity Sony Visa is missing from the "FI List'.

We are now at December 10... with no clear answer to the issue.

I see that @jr7107 started using Quicken software back in 1994. I have also been using Quicken software since then. I have not regularly participated in in forums... so am not familiar with the organizational maze and hoops that must be mastered to correct a simple issue.

@jr7107 suggested that I:

"Open a ticket with support and determine if Comenity Sony Visa should be on the 'FI List' and potential date."

I'm not sure how to open a ticket...

When I went to support, I learned that Intuit manages the 'FI List' used by Quicken to connect with Quicken Software.

I could not locate a path to 'open a ticket' with Intuit. What is the path?

Thanks!!
  • jr7107jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @jumpnow You can contact support directly here. https://www.quicken.com/support#windows There may be a case/ticket/issue already open for these. 
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • jumpnowjumpnow Member ✭✭
    @jr7107 Again, Intuit manages the 'FI List' .
  • > @jr7107 said:
    > @jumpnow Yes, as noted above. Open a ticket. Appears that Comenity acquired these accounts in September 2019.(Quote)

I did open a ticket! I'm not getting a response!
  • HazeHaze Member ✭✭
    I am also having the same issue. I do see that there is now a "Sony Visa Credit Card" listed, but when I select it I receive the message "We couldn't get information about Sony Visa Credit Card. This account will be set up as a manual account".
    I have also contacted Comenity.net/sony, and received the same response as
    josasalo.

This was after they provided a link to Quicken's support that was not usable because of a certificate error and the page would not redirect.
  • Cannot open a ticket!! Quicken support page doesn't allow for opening a ticket only allows contact by phone or chat!
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • On the issue of trying to add the former Capital One Sony Playstation card now with Comenity, I have tried everything I can. Contacted Comenity via phone and email support, they both say the same thing "its available in Quicken, you just have to add a new account" however as many above have noted it is not available under new account either. No matter how many times I have tried to tell them the information they have provided is inaccurate, they insist its available on Quicken.
    So I went to Quicken, they confirmed it's not there and I could not get them to raise the issue that a company is saying they can use Quicken but can't within their management. I had hoped they would be displeased with a company doing this but ultimately I was told that they would consider adding them in the future.

So, can anything be done? Clearly there are more than a few of us frustrated with the standoff.
  • > @thecreator said:
    > Hi @""George Givens" ,
    >
    > The only two methods to open a ticket is going through Chat or my phone. No Email Contact.
    >
    > See this FAQ: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

So who are you? Are you with Quicken (Intuit)? If you are with Quicken why can't you just start a ticket on my behalf?
  • George GivensGeorge Givens Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    > @Mstrbudgetr said:
    > On the issue of trying to add the former Capital One Sony Playstation card now with Comenity, I have tried everything I can. Contacted Comenity via phone and email support, they both say the same thing "its available in Quicken, you just have to add a new account" however as many above have noted it is not available under new account either. No matter how many times I have tried to tell them the information they have provided is inaccurate, they insist its available on Quicken.
    > So I went to Quicken, they confirmed it's not there and I could not get them to raise the issue that a company is saying they can use Quicken but can't within their management. I had hoped they would be displeased with a company doing this but ultimately I was told that they would consider adding them in the future.
    >
    > So, can anything be done? Clearly there are more than a few of us frustrated with the standoff.

(Removed-Disruptive/Rant)
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @thecreator said:
    > Hi @""George Givens" ,
    >
    > The only two methods to open a ticket is going through Chat or my phone. No Email Contact.
    >
    > See this FAQ: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

So who are you? Are you with Quicken (Intuit)? If you are with Quicken why can't you just start a ticket on my behalf?
    Hi @""George Givens" ,

Because this is a User to User Forum, if you read the FAQ.
  • orionorion Member ✭✭
    Has anyone gotten Quicken working with "Sony Visa Credit Card" since it went Comenity?

I was able to link my online account to my Quicken account, or so it seemed -- but no transactions ever get downloaded... instead I get a CC-503 error. The "fix it" button leads to a "Reauthorize" button, but nothing works. I've tried resetting and disconnecting and obviously triple-checking the credentials, but clearly a more advanced technique must be required, if indeed this is possible to make work at all...
  • > @orion said:
    > Has anyone gotten Quicken working with "Sony Visa Credit Card" since it went Comenity?
    >
    > I was able to link my online account to my Quicken account, or so it seemed -- but no transactions ever get downloaded... instead I get a CC-503 error. The "fix it" button leads to a "Reauthorize" button, but nothing works. I've tried resetting and disconnecting and obviously triple-checking the credentials, but clearly a more advanced technique must be required, if indeed this is possible to make work at all...

I have same problem, issue, result. They keep saying it is fixed BUT clearly it is NOT.
  • HoundDogHoundDog Member ✭✭
    I was finally able to set mine up today and it worked. Now for the fun of cleaning up a whole bunch of new transactions which are not new.
  • George GivensGeorge Givens Member ✭✭
    Glad it's working for you. I haven't had time or desire to try again.

> @HoundDog said:
    > I was finally able to set mine up today and it worked. Now for the fun of cleaning up a whole bunch of new transactions which are not new.
  • HazeHaze Member ✭✭
    Thanks HoundDog. Apparently they finally fixed it. I updated mine after I saw your response.
  • orionorion Member ✭✭
    Tried all the things again today, no change... would sure like to hear what *exactly* is making it work for others!
  • Solution:
    *** add as new account. **
    That is the ONLY way it finally worked for me.
    Any attempt to link for former account register has failed (over many attempts, including with quicken support). All attempts to link to former account register would result in false positive that it was connected but no transactions would download.
  • orionorion Member ✭✭
    Update: Tried starting new Quicken account instead of linking to my old one, and finally saw recent transactions download. Gonna move over a margin of transactions and just leave the connection to the new one intact and hope it keeps working...
  • jimsannerudjimsannerud Member
    Thank you, that worked, creating a new account instead of linking the old one. I would not have thought to do that. I have been frustrated with this for a while and Comenity support has been poor. My response was to stop using the credit card until it was fixed.
This discussion has been closed.