Home Quicken for Windows All Things Canadian (Windows)

Unspecified Business Income - on Invoice Payments

Good Evening,

When looking at my Tax Schedule report, I see the following:
** Unspecified Business Income **
It shows (and when double-clicked linked to) a payment from my accounts receivable, for previous invoices created.

It shows a $0.00

I've done a search and found that this has been occurring for a while but never could locate a way to stop it.

I've checked the 2 invoices that were paid, there are no "uncategorised" transactions except for a sub-total field.

All the actual lines on the invoice show up under the "Sales,Commissions,Fee" section as appropriately but for some reason this Unspecified Business Income is still there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
--Phil

Comments

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello Phil, (@EMS_Medic)

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

An Unspecified Business transaction can occur for a few different reasons and could be caused by a missing tag or tax line item.

If you haven't already, I would recommend searching the Quicken Help pages (Help > Quicken Help) for "Unspecified business transactions" for more information on the specific scenarios that cause an unspecified business transaction and steps to resolve them.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • EMS_MedicEMS_Medic Member ✭✭
    Good Afternoon,

Unfortunately, I have completed the help file and it was unsuccessful. I believe it comes down to a "Sub-total" field on the invoice itself.

If I create an invoice WITHOUT the "Sub-total" field, it does not show the Unspecified Business Income.

This is not a feasible workaround as I use a percentage on the next line based on that subtotal.

Thank you,
This discussion has been closed.