Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Investments (Mac)

Add the ability to run a comparison report of dividends by payee (security) by year

gabesgabes Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in Investments (Mac)
Quicken for Mac lists the dividend transactions with a Payee (security) name but i can't get the Reports when i select PAYEE for investment accounts.
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited March 28
    Hello @gabes

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

This feature is currently unavailable in the Mac version, so I have gone ahead and changed this discussion into an Idea so others may vote.

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • gabesgabes Member ✭✭
    I am trying to get a yearly comparison of dividend / interest totals by SECURITY. There is an option for PAYEE but that doesn't include SECURITY.
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @gabes,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with the Report issue you are having in Quicken. I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Unfortunately, for the type of report you are trying to create—Quicken is not currently programmed with the option to create a Comparison Report for securities as explained here under “Comparison Report”.

I have moved your comment to your existing idea thread. I apologize that the idea so far has not had any traction yet but the new comment will "bump" the idea to the recent discussions in the Community and can hopefully get some votes that way.

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
  • gabesgabes Member ✭✭
    With new reports is this possible now?
    Hello @gabes

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question.

While a comparison report can be created to show dividends, the ability to sort the report by security is still unavailable.

Please be sure to add you vote at the top of the page if you haven't done so already!

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • gabesgabes Member ✭✭
    Routine to copy/move Stock Symbol to Tag for investment account transactions - possible?
    edited July 18
    Hello @gabes

Thank you for the response and for the idea to use tags!

I was able to create a comparison report sorted by tags using the security symbol.

It would appear that while the report cannot be generated by the payee as the security name is not included as a payee, this can be accomplished using tags.

I would consider this to be implemented as a workaround.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would appear that while the report cannot be generated by the payee as the security name is not included as a payee, this can be accomplished using tags. I would consider this to be implemented.
    @Quicken_Tyka Ummm, with respect, no. ;) This is a work-around hack for missing functionality, one that can work for some people in the absence of reporting capabilities for dividend comparisons -- but it's certainly not implementation of the requested feature!

People with a lot of securities and history will not want to add dozens and dozens of tags, and go back through all their dividend and interest transactions in history to add tags. And have to edit all future transactions they download to add tags for dividend/interest transactions. and people who use tags for other purposes may not want a long and cluttered list of tags which has been pressed into service to function  as a duplicate list of securities. 

I'd suggest removing your label that this feature has been implemented, and return it to being an active feature request. 
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993