How do I transfer funds to another account

I have a family business that is a separate bank account and quicken account. I know how to transfer funds from one account to the other account. My problem is I want to deposit into the account it is transferred into to have a category for the transaction. It shows as a transfer but if I change the transaction in the receiving account the transfer goes away. Suggestions?
Quicken premier 2017 windows

Answers

• volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you need a category on it?  A Transfer is just moving from one pocket to another.  After it gets deposited then you use it for expenses, etc  which will be separate new transactions.  
  • Mark LeventhalMark Leventhal Member ✭✭
    Because I use the register to give the accountant every ear to do the financials
    what I am doing is writing a check to the other account.
    That still doesn't tell me why you need a category on it.  It's just a Transfer.  Like what category do you want it to say?  You can put the reason in the memo line.  
    The category is "loan to other company" and when it is repaid, there will be a "repayment of loan"
    Someone else might have a better idea.  Have you set up the loan accounts?  You would need a loan for the business and a lending loan for personal.  Then you can make a transfer between the loan accounts.  Do you file your business on schedule C in your personal 1040 return?  Then you really aren't making a loan to yourself.  It's all your personal income in the first place.  Ask your accountant.  Don't think you can write off any interest you pay yourself.  

If your business files it's own tax return like a 1120 or 1065 then it should be in a separate Quicken data file and not mingled with your personal accounts.