Summit FCU Automatic Transaction Download Issues

For the past several weeks I have been unable to download transactions without issues (Quicken Premier). The only reliable workaround I have found is to "Deactivate" Transaction Downloads and then reset them up again. This forces me to go through the entire two-factor authentication for each and every account every time I want to download my transactions. This is really untenable and these are the only accounts that this problem happens with annoying frequency. It's certainly worth noting that I have been using [removed] for about a year now and it NEVER has this problem.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited December 3
    Hello lorsini32,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize you have not yet received a response.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You can find that by going to Help>About Quicken. Also, please see this FAQ for details on adding more information to your post so that other Community members are best able to assist you.

To better understand the issue, please describe what specific behavior occurs in Quicken when attempting to update these accounts. Do you receive any error messages at any time throughout the reactivating or downloading process?

Let us know!

-Quicken Natalie 
    -Quicken Natalie 

• lorsini32lorsini32 Member
    Hello Natalie,

I am using Quicken Premier 2020 R23.17 Build 27.1.23.17
    The institution is summit Federal Credit Union in Rochester, NY
    Strangely, there are 0 errors but if the transaction downloads are set up I will get asked to select a contact method (mobile phone #) to receive a text with an access code (two-factor authorization). If I disable automatic transactions and then re-set it up it operates normally for a single transaction download. After that, I am back to the two-factor authorization. I have five accounts with the Summit Federal Credit Union (2 Checking Accounts, 2 Savings Accounts and 1 Overdraft Account). All of these accounts operated well with seamless automatic transaction downloads until several weeks ago).

I have taken to downloading .QFX files from the credit union and those operate normally. It is also worth noting that I have automatic transaction downloads with Chase for two credit cards, E*Trade, Fidelity and Investor360 that operate normally.

I hope this helps.
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello lorsini32,

Thank you for posting back with those additional details.

It sounds like you may be experiencing the two-factor authentication issue that other Users have been discussing here on the Community as of late.

Please take a look at the ongoing Discussion regarding this, and let us know if this is the same behavior that you're also experiencing. 

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie 
    -Quicken Natalie