5/3 bank will not sync from windows app with quicken subscription

I have been trying since June to get my quicken 2019 subscription account to work with my 5/3 accounts on mobile. When I go to sync, I get a "parameter" error and it repeats. I have worked with quicken support numerous times, deleted and recreated my quicken cloud at least 10 times and still cannot get this account to sync with mobile.

How do I get with someone at support who will not make me spend another 3 hours repeating this same delete/recreate quicken cloud answer? 3 months ago I put quicken support on the line with the 5/3 quicken team and they could not come up with an answer.

I am very disappointed and frustrated I cannot get this to sync. Please help!

To make things more interesting, if I use quicken 19 for Mac subscription, it connects and syncs perfectly with 5/3 and the mobile app. This clearly indicates something with the windows version connections on the quicken side, and no one can help.

Please, help!

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jgillund

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response and haven't been able to get this issue resolved through support.

I have a few questions to help understand what could be happening.

Can you provide the current release of Quicken you are running? This can be found under Help > About Quicken?

I took the liberty of reviewing a previous contact you had with support, this case mentions a "Parameter Institution Login ID must be specified" error. Is this the error that you are still receiving?

May I also ask that you navigate to the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type for the 5/3 accounts.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • jgillundjgillund Member
    Hello,

Yes, the exact same parameter issue I had in June. Remember, the 5/3 accounts work fine downloading data to the windows application; just the mobile setup always gives that error.

To answer your other questions:
    version: year:2020, version R23.17, Build 27.1.23.17

Account connection for 5/3: Direct connect

Please note when I put your tech staff and the 5/3 tech staff together on the phone your staff indicated I needed my id to be set up for EWC. The bank had no idea what you were talking about.

As noted as well, when running the Mac version with direct connect, it works fine both downloading transactions AND connecting to mobile.

Thank you for looking into this.
    edited December 2
    Hello @jgillund
    Thank you for the response and for providing some more details.
    If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the steps to change the connection type of the account to Express Web Connect here as advised by support.
    Unfortunately, some financial institutions that use Direct Connect don't play well with the mobile app. This issue comes down to the bank's security, the bank acknowledges the Quicken software but doesn't understand that the mobile/web app is part of the Quicken software. So, connecting to the bank from the phone or mobile app causes this error as the request isn't being sent from the Quicken software from the financial institution's software.
    If the trouble persists after completing these steps would recommend submitting feedback to the Mobile Development team.
    This can be found from the Menu in the app and by select "Feedback."
    Alternatively, the Mobile Development team may also be emailed at-[email protected]
    Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    Hi,

That link does not work.

Thanks.
    Hello @jgillund,
    Thank you for the response, I apologize for the bad link.
    I have corrected it and it should link to the appropriate steps.
    Thank you!
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    Hi,

I have contacted mobile support with this issue, but switching to EWC doesn't make sense as you state in this paragraph.

Unfortunately, some financial institutions that use Direct Connect don't play well with the mobile app. This issue comes down to the bank's security, the bank acknowledges the Quicken software but doesn't understand that the mobile/web app is part of the Quicken software. So, connecting to the bank from the phone or mobile app causes this error as the request isn't being sent from the Quicken software from the financial institution's software.

Quicken for Mac works perfectly on both the application and the mobile app. Can you please get me with tier 3 support? This is crazy that this has gone on so long without a solution.

I really appreciate you trying to help, but you must agree I deserve to get escalated to your highest support teams.

Thank you.
    Jay
    edited 7:11AM
    Hello Jgillund,

I apologize but I'm not understanding what you mean by "switching to EWC doesn't make sense", are you having trouble choosing this connection type or are have you successfully changed the connection type from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect and are still receiving this error?

Connecting to the mobile app is successful on the Mac platform because the connection type is most likely Quicken Connect- which is the equivalent of Express Web Connect for the Windows product.

For more information on the different connection types used in Quicken please see the information available here.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    Hi,

I deactivated and tried to connect with EWC. It does not work. The bank did not recognize it.

I reset up and linked the accounts defaulting with direct connect again, and my transactions worked again BUT the mobile got the same parameter error.

What now? I have gotten no answer from the mobile team.

Thank you for your help.
    Hi again,

To be more concise, the error when switching to EWC is cannot connect - and my options are try again or enter transactions manually.

Please let me know what to do next.

Thanks.
    edited 7:21AM
    @jgillund

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you have been unable to connect using Express Web Connect.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for a review of the logs and advanced troubleshooting steps to determine the cause of the connection issue when switching the connection type.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

I would also like to add, if you use Bill Pay through 5/3 this will be unavailable if using Express Web Connect.

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka