Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why No Undo Function?

jmrhide
jmrhide Member ✭✭
I was trying to remove something from the comments field that had inappropriately copied over from an earlier transaction. When I highlighted the item and clicked 'CUT' both that transaction and the next one disappeared from the register. Then I couldn't find an 'UNDO' button, which is standard on almost all text editors but yours.

I tried updating Quicken but it kept ignoring both transactions, one of which was an interest payment received and the other an electronic payment sent yesterday. I had to get a statement from my bank and manually enter the information Quicken had suppressed in order to make the register agree with the bank. This was a very annoying waste of a half-hour!

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, Quicken is not a "text editor". You're working on a live database. You could have restored your last backup. Most SU's recommend making a backup every time you exit Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.