Bill pay listed twice in one step update settings

I am no longer able to use Quicken bill pay. Quicken bill pay is listed twice in my one-step update settings. And whenever I have a payment to send, the update process always fails. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?
Tagged:

Answers

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3

More details, please.

Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows? US or Canadian version?
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?  

Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.

What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    Which Quicken Bill Pay service are you referring to? An old one from several years ago, or the new one provided by Metavante?

What error messages do you receive?

As a shot in the dark, maybe this will help:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/removing-account-quicken-bill-pay-service

• mrussomrusso Member
    UKR, thank you for your reply. Here is the info I have:

I use Quicken for Windows. Here is the info from the About box:
    Quicken - Premier
    Year: 2020
    Version: R23.17
    Build: 27.1.23.17

As to the Bill Pay version I use. I had used the service years ago, but cancelled in 2012, not long after Hurricane Sandy hit my area. Right after the storm the service became unreliable. In chatting with support for Bill Pay and Citibank, it seems a Verizon networking outage had fouled things up.

But anyway, I resubscribed last year when I opted into the Quicken Membership. When I login to quickenbillpay.com, it says "Bill Payment Services provided by Metavante Payment Services, LLC".

Also note that a few months back I had done an account reset via Quicken after several weeks of being unable to sync my Citibank accounts. Bill Pay has been broken since around that time.

Just now I setup a payment as a test and tried to send it. A window came up that said "One Step Update Settings" at the top. Below that it listed these things
    [x]Citibank
    [x]Quicken Bill Pay - New
    [x]Pay $10.00 to American Express Credit Cards by 12/5/2019 from Mark Chk Citibank
    [x]Quicken Bill Pay - New
    [x]Pay $10.00 to American Express Credit Cards by 12/5/2019 from Mark Chk Citibank

Pardon the lack of indenting above (it disappeared when I checked the preview). The lines starting with "Pay" were indented under the Quicken Bill Pay lines.

Next I clicked "Update Now".
    The "One Step Update Progress" window displayed, showing:
    Citibank....Competed
    Quicken Bill Pay - New...waiting
    Quicken Bill Pay - New...an error occurred

Once the second item above changed status from "waiting", the window was replaced by the "One Step Update Summary" window. Under "Financial Instutions Updated", it lists:
    Citibank
    2 accounts updated

It makes no mention of Quicken Bill Pay. When I closed that windows, the Bills & Income tab shows "1 payment ready to be sent".