Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Budget Rollovers still missing (Q Mobile)

Scott Hearan
Scott Hearan Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in Using the Mobile App
In the original mobile app, you could see budget rollover amounts. Since budgets have returned, this feature is missing. Is there any plan to bring it back?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until the programmers get a handle on things, I recommend you use Quicken on your desktop / laptop to work with the budget.
    When done, Reset Sync so that a complete new Sync file is uploaded to the server and your smartphone.

Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Under the "Mobile and Web" group to the right, if present, click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

• Chris Harris
    Chris Harris Member ✭✭✭✭
    Scott,

On both Android & iPad, try taping on the blue text below the category name in your budget...

This brings up this (usually)...

There's some sort of glitch or bug where it sometimes doesn't bring up the rollover and instead brings up a different option to change the budget amount.  For me, it's doing this consistently on one particular category even though that category has rollover turned on.

I'll turn in a separate post about that.  As for your question, hope this helps.

Chris
    Quicken user since 2014.
    Using Quicken Windows Subscription on Windows 10.
  • Chris Harris
    Chris Harris Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Greetings,

On the mobile app's budget (both Android and iPad), I'm having an issue with seeing rollover.  I do most of my work on budgets from the desktop, but it's helpful to be able to check things from time to time on the app.

When I tap on either of these...

It pulls up this which shows me the budget, rollover, and amount available.

When I click on the "Giving ~ Tithe" category, it pulls up this which is prompting me to edit the budget amount.  I would think that it should bring up the rollover information as well.

The odd thing is that, as far as I can tell, all three of these categories are set up exactly the same.  All of them have the rollover set up in the budget, annual view on the desktop...

One thing I've tried is to turn off/sync/on/sync the rollover setting on the "Giving ~ Tithe" category on my desktop budget.

Any ideas or suggestions how to get the "Giving ~ Tithe" category to bring up the rollover info?

Chris
    Quicken user since 2014.
    Using Quicken Windows Subscription on Windows 10.
  • Scott Hearan
    Scott Hearan Member ✭✭
    I did a mobile reset and the glitch you refer to is still happening on ALL of my categories. Very frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.