Can't Set Up a Synchrony|Sweetwater Account

Using a Mac Subscription, I'm unable to set up a Synchrony|Sweetwater credit card account. It continually says that my username and password are incorrect.

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited 8:14AM
    Hello @ProfMagpie

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with adding your Synchrony account can you provide which Synchrony option you are choosing from the bank list?

Can you also go to Quicken > About Quicken and provide the year and release of quicken you are currently running?

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • ProfMagpieProfMagpie Member
    Hi Tyka,

Using "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards."

Using Version 5.13.3 (Build 513.30586.100)
    macOS 10.15.1
    Also, it's Quicken Deluxe 2020
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited 8:14AM
    Hello @ProfMagpie

Thank you for the response and for including the version. 

If you navigate to the website shown below, are you able to enter the same credentials that you are trying to use in Quicken?

If the website you visit to view these accounts doesn't match this website or any of the options available in the bank list, it is possible that Synchrony doesn't offer the ability to download this account into Quicken.

Let me know how it goes!
    Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    Hi Tyka,

That web address doesn't have an option to enter a username and password. It's a landing page for the company but you have to jump through a hoop or two to get to a page that allows you to enter credentials. The page I need to access to enter my credentials is:

https://www.mysynchrony.com/mysyf/home.html

Any way to have Quicken access this page instead?

Thanks for your help!
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited December 4
    Hello ProfMagpie,

Thank you for following up and providing the specific URL used to access online banking for your Sweetwater Credit Card account, issued by Synchrony.

I suggest taking a look at the information and following the steps outlined here.

If this account type is not supported by Synchrony for automatic downloads to Quicken, you will need to contact the financial institution directly and request that they add this capability. 

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie
    -Quicken Natalie