Quicken Shuts Down whenever Back-Up is attempted

Started having a problem with 3 financial institutions not updating. Call support and worked through that. However that problem is back and now whenever I try to back up file Quicken just shuts down. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken, have restored backup data from files from months ago, I have tried restoring both the automatic downloads and the manual backups (which wee kept on a separate drive) and I have tried it on multiple computes. I try to validate the file and Quicken just shuts down.
I basically can reload Quicken, restore a file and use but no way to back up anything, 3 financial institutions do not update, automatic backups are not working as well, but I only get 1 restore at the installation if I try another restore from a different date it shuts down.
I have a service ticket with Quicken, but don't know how long that will take and kinda blind with out Quicken working, Any ideas? BTW this all started the day I downloaded the most recent update

Answers

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30
    Is your "most recent update" version 27.1.23.17?
    I had the same backup crash problem intermittently with 23.14, but updating to 23.17 seems to have fixed it for me.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win7 Pro & Win10 Pro.
  • Thanks for the suggestion but I do have 23.17, that download is actually when all my issues started
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you've already tried everything I would have tried. Except maybe one thing. Try downloading and installing the 23.17 Mondo patch over your existing 23.17 installation.Light some incense first.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win7 Pro & Win10 Pro.
  • q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you try creating a new simple test file and backing that up?  One or two actual or fictional manual accounts.  Maybe one investment account if applicable.  That might tell you more definitively if it is your file or your Quicken installation.  

Also, for the record, where are you storing your base file and to where are you trying to back up?
  • Just spent 6 hours on the phone with Quicken Support trying everything. Looks like both my Data files are corrupt. The automatic backups were saved on the hard drive and the manual were saved to a USB drive. Funny thing is I actually had the file backing up this AM till we tried to fix the financial institution not downloaded. ( Validated the file and everything would back up, both manual and automatic)Even files from 6 months ago (from both storage locations are doing it). I have uninstalled and deleted every Quicken file on the computer multiple times.
    Just have a hard time believing both sets of files became corrupt at once. Still think it is something with Quicken since it didn't start till I downloaded the update. I am Running Quicken 2020 and it has all the updates.
    We did set up a test file and it works, just hate to lose 7 years of data (it is backed up on a USB though).
    Direct connect downloads work, its just the banks that use Express web connect
  • Did try the mondo patch as well - thanks for the suggestion. Gonna try one more clean and reinstall to see if files will backup - at least then I can manually download the financial institution transactions
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10